- Wife of the President, Hajiya Aisha Buhari is fulfilling her promise of helping vulnerable children
- A foundation for construction of ultra- modern secondary, nursery and primary schools have been laid
- The schools will cater for thousands of orphaned children and young people
Wife of the President, Hajiya Aisha Buhari has laid the foundation for the construction of ultra- modern secondary, nursery and primary schools.
Mrs Buhari was however represented at the ceremony by Dr Hajjo Sani which took place in Bama road, Maidugiri, the Borno state capital.
The schools will cater for thousands of orphaned children and young people who were displaced by activities of dreaded Boko Haram insurgents in Borno state.
The schools constitute of
1. 24 block of classrooms for secondary and 12 classrooms for nursery and primary
2. Boys and girls’ hostels
3. Information and communication technology centre
4. Administrative blocks
6. Staff quarters
7. Health and skills acquisition facilities and a
8. Social centre
The school is to be financed under the banner of “Aisha Buhari Foundation (ABF).”
Dr Sani said the project “is borne out of passion to improve the living condition of millions of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and victims of conflicts and other humanitarian crises, particularly children in the North-east.”
She said: “Recent data have shown that over one million IDPs in the North Eastern part of Nigeria are young people between 0 and 18 years of age, thousands of these are orphans who have lost their parents under circumstances of Boko Haram.
“It is envisaged that this facility which is located next to Dangote Village for IDPs when completed, will provide employment and cater for close to 2,000 youths and women.”
She also commended Governor Kashim Shettima and his wife, Hajiya Nana, security agencies and humanitarian workers for their unwavering commitment to the cause of the displaced persons.