The Nigerian Customs have been able to retrieve contraband goods smuggled into Kano and Jigawa states from the neighbouring countries.
Some of these smuggled goods from Maigatari border were traced to a senator’s house. This made the customs agents to seal up the senator’s house in Kano.
Also seized by customs task force were 210 trailers loaded with contraband goods that were smuggled into Kano and Jigawa states from the neighbouring countries.
The seizure was said to have been carried out from July 2016 to date. NAIJ.com brings you a list of everything Nigeria customs confiscated.
1. 13 Toyota Hilux vans siezed from a Kano senator
2. A house where the smuggled vehicles were found was sealed by the customs.
3. 97,570 bags of foreign rice
4. 2,916 cartons of spaghetti
5. 2,770 cartons of vegetable oil
6. 889 belts of second hand clothes
7. 50 belts of fairly used school bags
8. 110 cartons of brand new foreign shoes
9. 956 cartons of mosquito coil worth N269m
Earlier in an interview, the task force zonal commander, Bala Dole, said based on the intelligence report, the vehicles were 30 in number but they were able to trail 13 of them 12 of which were hidden in the senator’s compound.
NAIJ.com shares a video of the ground breaking commissioning of the Lagos-Ibadan railway line by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.