Troops in Borno state ordered to destroy remnants of Boko Haram

Troops in Borno state ordered to destroy remnants of Boko Haram

- Troops of the Nigerian Army have remained in Sambisa weeks after soldiers raided Boko Haram members hibernating in the forest

- The troops were visited again by the general officer commanding the 7 division of the Nigerian Army

Click this link for more stories on Boko Haram and attacks on the northeast

Troops fighting insurgency in the north-eastern part of Nigeria have a fresh mandate to destroy the remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists still hiding in areas within the zone.

The new order comes from the acting General Officer Commanding (Ag GOC), 7 Division Nigerian Army, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Brigadier-General Victor Ezugwu.

Ezugwu’s visit to troops of 114 Task Force Battalion of 26 Task Force Brigade, according to Brigadier General Sani Kukasheka Usman, the director of Army public relations, was part of the routine operational visits to formations and units deployed to the Forward Operation Base Tokombere, Sambisa forest, Borno state.

Troops in Borno state ordered to destroy remnants of Boko Haram

Ezugwu charged the troops to destroy what is left of the Boko Haram

“During the visit, the Ag GOC charged the troops to destroy the remnants of Boko Haram terrorists hibernating within their area of responsibility.

READ ALSO: If Buhari fails in anti-corruption war, Nigeria is in big trouble - Osinbajo

“The Ag GOC was accompanied by the commander of 26 Task Force Brigade, Brigadier General Adeyinka Laguda, and other staff officers at the division's headquarters,” a statement from Usman, obtained by NAIJ.com said.

The statement added that the Ag GOC also visited the 121 Task Force Batallion in Pulka and the 26 Task Force Brigade headquarters in Gwoza respectively.

Troops in Borno state ordered to destroy remnants of Boko Haram

Ezugwu addressing some soldiers

NAIJ.com had earlier reported that the Nigerian Army on Friday, March 24, said it has begun its five-days Nigerian Army Small Arms Championship (NASAC) 2017 in Sambisa forest, Borno state.

The army said the event which will commence fully on Monday, March 27 to Friday, March 31. is part of the training activities of the Nigerian Army scheduled for the year.

READ ALSO: Presidency blames Jonathan for current problem

Speaking to journalists on the competition, the chief of training and operations army D D Ahmadu, a Major general said the event, a fire power demonstration is designed to consolidate on the total defeat and routing out of the Boko Haram terrorists from their most hideous hide out.

Watch the devastation caused by Boko Haram terrorists:

Source: Naija.ng

Related news
Just in: EFCC’s Magu blows hot after DSS prevented his team from arresting former heads of DSS, NIA

Just in: EFCC’s Magu blows hot after DSS prevented his team from arresting former heads of DSS, NIA

Just in: EFCC’s Magu blows hot after DSS prevented his team from arresting former heads of DSS, NIA
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel