On Thursday, April 27, Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo presided over the monthly National Economic Council (NEC) meeting and the Presidential Task Force on Polio Eradication.
The meeting which was held at the Presidential villa, Abuja had several state governors in attendance. Below are the major topics discussed:
1. Development of natural resources and ecological funds.
2. Updates on the disbursement of the Paris Club refunds.
3. Update on the balance in the excess crude account as at April 26, 2017, which stands at US$2.2billion.
4. Updates on the progress of four of the Social Investment Programmes of this Administration- N-Power, Conditional Cash Transfer, Homegrown School Feeding Programme and the Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP), for micro –credits.
5. Update on the meningitis outbreak and government response.
6. Updates on the security situation in the country.
7. Governors of Nigeria’s 36 states formed a committee to audit the country’s ecological fund.
Meanwhile on the number 2 subject, Senator Dino Melaye has advised President Muhammadu Buhari on what to do regarding the Paris Club Refund to states.
The senator representing Kogi west senatorial district, advised the president to stop the allocation of 2nd tranche of the refund to states who owe salaries.
He singled out his home state - Kogi, where he said the funds have been misused.
Meanwhile, when he was Acting President, Osinbajo launched some major projects. Watch a NAIJ.com video covering one of the projects: