The sum of N1.524 billion has been approved by the Federal Executive Council (FEC) for five projects in the aviation sector.
This was disclosed by the Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika, who addressed reporters after the FEC meeting on Wednesday, May 3.
He said: "All of these were at different amounts, but the total sum was N1.524,492,863.62 the council had graciously approved. These will signal the kickstart of all of these activities within the industry of transportation and aviation.”
The listed projects are:
1. The appointment of transaction experts to carry out the advisory services on establishment of national carriers. This contract was awarded to Messrs Luftansa Consulting/TN Aero.
2. Establishment of aviation leasing company. This was awarded to Messrs Arrow.
3. The establishment of maintenance repair and overhaul centre, awarded to Messrs Arrow.
4. The establishment of aerotropolis or airport city agro cargo terminals which was awarded to JEBB.
5. The concession of airports which was awarded to Messrs Infrata Dantens.
Also approved at the FEC meeting was $250 million soft loan for the development of the North-East region of Nigerian which has been ravaged by insurgency.
The council also approved a grant of five million Euro to finance an Inclusive Basic Service Delivery and Livelihood Empowerment Integrated Programme in five different states in the region.
NAIJ.com gathered that these approvals took place as President Muhammadu Buhari continues to rest following doctors advice on his health.
In the NAIJ.com video below, Nigerians disclose how convicted looters should be punished.