Nigerian Army refuses to confirm Shekau’s injury report

Nigerian Army refuses to confirm Shekau’s injury report

- Army spokesman Brigadier-General Usman Sani Kukasheka says the the military will reveal what it knows about Shekau's alleged injury in latest offensive when fully briefed

- Joint Nigerian Air Force and Operation Lafiya Dole of the Nigerian Army carried out the offensive in Mangusum and various parts of Sambisa including Balla and Parisu

- The latest onslaught was tagged Operation Deep Punch and was quite successful, Usman says

- For more reports on the successes of the Nigerian Army in the war against Boko Haram, please visit: https://www.naij.com/tag/boko-haram.html

The Nigerian Army has refused to confirm reports that factional leader of the Boko Haram terrorist group Abubakar Shekau has been injured in a military offensive.

Vanguard reports that Army spokesman Brigadier-General Usman Sani Kukasheka said the Army authorities was still waiting to be briefed on the details of the operation before making any official statement.

He however confirmed that several Boko Haram commanders were killed in the military onslaught.

Nigerian Army refuses to confirm Shekau’s injury report

Army spokesman Sani Usman says the military will speak fully on reports about alleged injury to Shekau when fully briefed by troops that carried out the attack

Usman said the attack was on the hideouts and camps and were jointly carried out by the Nigerian Air force and Troops of Lafiya Dole.

READ ALSO: Hours to expiration of 2016 budget, Senate steps down presentation of appropriations report

Boko Haram logistics bases, arms stockpile and the terrorists’ equipment in Mangusum and various parts of Sambisa including Balla and Parisu were destroyed.

He said:: “There were enquiries on alleged wounding one of the Boko Haram terrorist’s group factional leaders.

“As you are aware, the Boko Haram terrorists have been on the run, but now they have nowhere to go.

“We wish to confirm that there are ongoing clearance operations in various parts of the north east by the military.

“The Nigerian Air Force specifically has been carrying out excellent aerial bombardments with utmost precision to the point that they have destroyed the Boko Haram terrorist’s logistics, weapons, and equipment and neutralized quite a number of terrorists in Mangusum, various parts of Sambisa including Balla and Parisu.

“The ongoing renewed combat readiness and good efforts by the Nigerian Air Force are indeed very commendable as it led to recovery of high caliber weapons and further decimation of the remnants of the Boko Haram terrorists.

READ ALSO: UPDATED: Nnamdi Kanu never renounced Biafra

“There were indications that quite a number of the terrorist’s key leaders have either been killed or wounded.

“Efforts are ongoing to further confirm the details from our troops who have been involved on Operation Deep Punch.”

Recall that NAIJ.com had earlier reported that Boko Haram leader Shekau had been injured after Nigerian Air force jets bombed insurgents who had gathered for prayers in Balla village the edge of the Sambisa Forest.

The report said that one of Abubakar Shekau’s deputies, among other Boko Haram commanders, was killed in the air strike carried out by two Nigerian Air force jets some 40 kilometres (25 miles) from Damboa, last Friday, April 28.

Watch this NAIJ.com TV video of the touching tales of children survivors of Boko Haram attacks in the northeast.

Source: Naija.ng

Related news
Air force promotes 50 senior officers, grants posthumous promotion to late pilot

Air force promotes 50 senior officers, grants posthumous promotion to late pilot

Air force promotes 50 senior officers, grants posthumous promotion to late pilot
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel