Federal Government reveals what Boko Haram did to released Chibok girls while in custody

Federal Government reveals what Boko Haram did to released Chibok girls while in custody

- Garba Shehu says the newly released 82 Chibok girls look better than girls release before them

- The presidential aide said the jihadist took proper care of the girls

- SShehu also informed that not all the girls released were from Chibok town

Garba Shehu, senior special assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on media and publicity, says that the newly released Chibok girls were well taken care of by Boko Haram insurgents.

Shehu made the observation on Monday, May 8.

The girls were released in great shape with no visible sign of abuse, unlike the other 21 Chibok girls freed last year, October, who came in poor shape, Shehu told Tribune.

He also disclosed that most of the girls released were not from Chibok town but villages scattered around the area.

Shehu noted that government was doing its best for the girls who he noted would be identified by their parents as they come to Abuja.

He said: “To be honest, without appearing to speak for Boko Haram, from the outlook of these girls, they appear better in terms of their physical outlook than the 21 we received before.

“Those 21, you know the way they came, they looked famished, underfed and undernourished.

“This is not to take away from the fact that these ones too have been traumatised.

“However, was there abuse physically, sexual and all of that? Only medical examination which is now on going, will reveal that.

Federal Government reveals what Boko Haram did to released Chibok girls while in custody

Garba Shehu says Boko Haram did not maltreat the last set of Chibok girls released

READ ALSO: Revealed! How Federal Government buildings have become den of criminals

“But on the face of it, they don’t seem to have…there is nothing so far on their faces to show that abuse if there was any.

“But detailed examination psychologists, physiologist will examine them and then they will tell us far or how much of abuse has taken place.”

Meanwhile, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has intensified efforts to see that the jihadist sect - Boko Haram is ousted from the Northeast.

Below is a video of the operations by NAF.

Source: Naija.ng

Related news
Police files murder charges against wife of former PDP chairman’s son

Police files murder charges against wife of former PDP chairman’s son

Police files murder charges against wife of former PDP chairman’s son
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel