- Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau has released a new video on the 82 Chibok girls that were recently swapped with his fighters
- In the new video Shuaibu Moni, one of the swapped Boko Haram commanders was seen issuing threats to bomb Abuja
- The commander also declared that it is not true that only 5 commanders were released
- For more reports on Boko Haram, please visit: https://www.naij.com/tag/boko-haram.html
Ahmad Salkida, a top Nigerian journalist, says Abubakar Shekau has released a new video on the 82 Chibok girls that were recently swapped with his commanders.
NAIJ.com gathered that in the new video Shuaibu Moni, one of the swapped Boko Haram commanders was seen issuing threats to Nigerian authorities and President Muhammadu Buhari.
Salkida in a series of tweets on Friday, May 12, said the commander, in the video, declared that it is not true that only 5 commanders were released, warning of imminent bombing of Abuja.
He further said that there's been no 'sulhu' dialogue with government and there won't be. Only war is between us, he declared.
Read the tweets below:
Watch the video containing the threats below:
On May 7 the Nigerian government confirmed the release of 82 Chibok girls after they have spent three years in captivity of the dreaded Boko Haram.
NAIJ.com previously reported that federal government swapped five Boko Haram militants for the 82 Chibok schoolgirls recently released.
This is contrary to some media reports that just two Boko Haram commanders were released in the swap deal. At the same time some of the kidnapped girls got radicalised.
According to negtiator of the swap deal, the outcome should be seen as “a favourable bargain,” considering what obtained in other climes when it comes to prisoner swap of innocent citizens with suspected terrorists.
Watch this NAIJ.com video below of kids that survived Boko Haram attacks.