A young man has every reason to express his gratitude after escaping with his life after he was bitten by an unknown insect that sent him into shock.
The man identified as Hartley Sidney Wehere, took to his Facebook page to share his testimony about recovering from a poisonous attack.
According to Sidney, he had been trying to finish up a wiring job he had gotten somewhere in Rivers state, when a 'deadly insect' bit him.
His body started swelling and he was sent into shock, he only felt better after he drank some palm oil which his mother gave him to drink and rubbed all over him as well.
“Father Lord, I thank you for saving my life from a poisonous attack today at about 11am. By now I would have been a dead person now.
Lord I give all the glory and honor to you, thanks to my mum Mrs Rachel Wehere, Rachel Wehere. Friends brothers and colleague that was there to save the situation on ground. I’ve never experienced such a thing in my life, Jesus I was totally mad, all my body was swollen. Lord you saved me. BABA GOD I adore you."
PAY ATTENTION: Read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Narrating his experience, Sidney said:
“HOW IT IT HAPPENED.
I was opportuned to secure an electrification contract in Losta. The job is supposed to take me up to four days. I started in the early hours of today. After I finished the morning session, I went on break. I returned back to work in the afternoon, to continue with my job in the company of my labours, as soon as I got down from crane so I could climb another electric pole, I felt something like an insect bite on my hand and immediately the whole of my body started scratching me at same time swollen, I became very big in my shirt and fatter than my normal size, I became very weak. An attempt to give me medical attention worsened the whole thing. They had to rush me home and fortunately my mother was home, she gave me palm oil to drink and I drank, she rubbed it all over my body and went into prayer then I began to feel better… It was a bitter experience. Thank God I’m ok now.”
Meanwhile, watch this video to know how to avoid contracting typhoid fever: