- The federal government warned prospective participants in the programme not to register through alternative websites
- The government also listed the qualifications for prospective participants in the programme
The administration of Muhammadu Buhari has opened its YouWiN! Connect programme portal through which it funds ventures of successful participants in the country.
NAIJ.com reports that the programme commenced under the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan.
The government is however warning prospective participants against registering through alternative sites, especially those that would demand for money.
In a statement released by Mr Salisu Dambatta, the director of information in the ministry finance, Abuja, the portal: www.youwinconnect.org.ng was opened on July 24 and it is free.
He also said prospective participants did not need to know anybody to be successfully picked.
He said: “YouWiN! Connect is an annual programme of the Federal Ministry of Finance which prepares qualified ventures for funding.
“These ventures are promoted by young Nigerians in target sectors that align with the government’s objective of diversifying the economy and promoting competition and transparency.
“YouWiN! Connect aims to promote entrepreneurship and viable career options for young Nigerians thereby creating jobs and wealth.”
According to him, the programme is targeted at providing enterprise education to drive an upswing in the performance and growth of Nigeria’s economy.
Danbatta said those qualified for the programme must have post-secondary school qualification and should be between the ages of 18 and 40.
Such applicants must also Nigerians and resident and have their businesses domiciled in the country.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
Apart from this, they must be able to communicate effectively speaking and writing in English and be willing to attend all training and mentoring exercises organised by the programme.
An applicant should not be an employee of the Nigerian Civil Service or previous YouWiN awardee.
NAIJ.com also earlier reported that the government had been employing citizens through its N-Power programme.
Acting President Yemi Osinbajo was at the federal government’s N-Power scheme call centre in Abuja on Thursday, July 14.
Osinbajo also extended the registration for the scheme by two extra weeks to allow more Nigerians come in. With this, the application portal will now close on July 27.
Watch this video as Nigerians speak about President Buhari's achievements so far: