- Ahead of the Anambra state gubernatorial elections, PDP has cleared candidates for primaries
- The chairman of the screening committee, Alhaji Adamu Waziri, presented the clearance certificates
- Seven aspirants submitted their nomination forms and appeared before the committee, only six met the conditions
The Anambra gubernatorial election screening committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has cleared six aspirants ahead of the party's primaries.
The announcement was made on Friday, August 11 by the chairman of the committee, Alhaji Adamu Waziri.
He disclosed this while presenting the clearance certificates to the screened aspirants at the party's national secretariat in Abuja.
Seven aspirants submitted their nomination before the committee, however, only six of the them met the laid down conditions and were cleared.
1. Dr Ifeanyi Ubah
2. Sen. Stella Oduah, former Minister of Aviation
3. Dr Alex Obiogolu
4. Mr John Emeka
5. Lynda Ikpeazu
6. Mr Oseloka Obaze, former Secretary of Anambra State, who was given a conditional clearance, pending his full compliance with the provisions of the party.
It was revealed that the seventh aspirant, Mr Akolisa Ufodike for holding dual citizenship certificates.
According to NAN, Waziri said the committee was fair and firm in the conduct of the screening in line with relevant provisions of the law.
He said: “The decision of the committee can be appealed. Anybody who is not satisfied with the decision of the committee should appeal to the National Working Committee or the Caretaker committee for reconsideration.’’
In conclusion, he said the decision of the national working committee or the caretaker committee would ‘’override or confirm whatever we have done.”
Meanwhile, Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous people of Biafra (IPOB), has said speaker of the House of Assembly will take over on the interim in Anambra state if the coming election fails to hold.
PAY ATTENTION: Watch more videos on NAIJ.com TV
Reports have it that Kanu made this known in Onitsha part of the state on Thursday, August 10, while enlightening the members of his group on the need to boycott the forthcoming November 7 governorship election.
Watch this NAIJ.com video on Andy Ubah picking the APC ticket for the elections: