A young Nigerian man has cried out after a church set outrageous demands for him to get married in the church.
The demands set by the church were so outrageous that the young man had to cry out to a friend who requested that the story should be published on social media.
According to YabaLeft, the young man’s friend sent the list of demands to the news website so people could be made aware of the demands.
This church demanded things like officiating minister fee, fuel fee, minister's food, pastor’s food and so on.
NAIJ.com gathered that a church requires certain things from couples before joining them and blessing their union before God.
The normal demand includes marriage counselling, blood test and some other demands to strengthen the union between the couple.
However, the demands set by the church seems far beyond what a church should demand from couples who might not have money to keep up with the demands.
PAY ATTENTION: Get all the latest gossips on NAIJ Gossip App
Nawa oo! Read full list below:
1. Officiating Minister – 8,000
2. Host Pastor – 10,000
3. Instrumentalists – 6,000
4. Couples fee – 15,000.
5. Marriage certificate – 10,000
6. Fuel – 5,000
7. Lateness to Church – 5,000
8. Ministers’ food: 10 food flask with one small Five Alive and one Maltina each.
9. Host Pastor’ food: 2 food flask, 2 Eva water, 2 big Five Alive and 2 can Maltina each
10. Food for church workers: 50 takeaways or one cooler of rice. 2 1/2 crate of can Maltina.
11. Suits for Host Pastor and wife.
12. All couples should be in church by 9:00am
13. All wedding program must be in church one week before the wedding.
14. Couples must attend marriage class for two weeks before the wedding.
15. Couples to see Host Pastor for their thanksgiving.
16. Couples thanksgiving should not be more than one week after their wedding.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com TV went to the street to ask men how they would react if a woman rejects marriage proposal in public. Here is what they had to say below: