Every woman wants to look spectacular and attractive. For this reason, many are wondering how to get pink lips at home. Beautiful lips, undoubtedly, attract the eyes of the opposite gender. But it's not easy to achieve this kind of result. So, this means you constantly have to maintain the tone by using lipsticks, pencils, and gloss. This is not always convenient and there might be times that you are just not in the position to apply them. There are several secrets for how to get pink lips naturally at home. You can use them and you won't need to spend a lot of money on cosmetics.
How to make your lips pink? Folk methods
- Rub your lips with a usual toothbrush. This is a good way to give the skin a natural shade. All you should do is to moisten a brush with soft bristles, gently rub your lips in circular motions. So you’ll exfoliate dead cells, stimulate blood circulation, which will make the skin soft.
- Another method you can try is using honey, sugar, and lemon. Mix 1 teaspoon of sugar and half of teaspoon of honey. A small amount of this mixture is to be applied onto your lips. After that, you should massage it with a toothbrush. Do it carefully for two to three minutes. If you put more effort than needed, you can scratch the lips. Massage your skin 2 times a day: morning and night. After the procedure, you can rub the lips with ice cubes, grease them with a little vegetable oil and then use your fingertips to apply fresh lemon juice to your lips,. This will brighten the colour.
- To perform the next procedure you would need a little time and have some simple ingredients. Noticeable results will be obtained after 2-3 weeks: pink lips with rich red tint and luxurious soft skin. How to make pink lips cream? For this preparation, you should take one teaspoon of carrot juice, fresh cottage cheese, mix them with 1/2 teaspoon of fatty cream. Apply this mask on your lips for about half an hour, then wash off.
- There is an even easier way, which does not require as much effort but the result will please you. You should make a honey mask at night. For this, just lubricate the skin of the lips with honey. This protects it from drying out, so you don't have to use lip gloss. This remedy keeps the skin soft, retains its youthful look, and adds brightness.
- You can also use rose petals. Just rub them on your lips. It is a wonderful natural substitute for lipstick. In this case, you can be certain that there are no harmful chemical in what you're using.
The secret of many recipes used to make the skin of lips pink is that they are aimed at increasing flow of blood. You may use a variety of spices, for example, cinnamon or ginger.
A stick of chopped cinnamon or ground spice can be mixed with a little amount of liquid. Put it on your lips for 10 min then rinse with water. Ginger is useful for this purpose but you need to leave it on for 15 minutes.
READ ALSO: How to make pink lips cream at home?
How to get pink lips naturally? Lip-charging
Lovers of an active lifestyle and physical activities prefer these methods which you can try on your own to give your lips a brighter colour. Hence you recharge and revitalise your lips.
- You can stretch your lips. Push them into a tightly compressed tube or bottle. Do this a couple of times a day and you can be sure that your lips will be beautiful and bright within a couple of weeks
- A contrast shower is useful not only for our body but also for our lips. It's simple. You can alternate cold and hot regimes but in this case, you'll be watering your lips. But do not overdo it with hot water, you can get a burn.
- Your lips can become more elastic and acquire a red tint, if you do a simple exercise. To perform it you need a cotton swab, which should be clamped between a nose and raised upper lip to hold it in place. Hold it for about 10 minutes.
A complex care
If you have free time and you are a supporter of an integrated approach in everything, especially in matters that concern your beauty, this way is for you.
Step 1. First, you should prepare your lips. Natural lip scrub will be useful for this. It helps to remove old cells, which often cause an appearance of faded color.
For the preparation of the scrub, we need honey and brown sugar in equal quantities. Mix them both and apply on your lips in circular motions. After that, wash off the scrub with warm water.
Step 2. Wipe your lips with fruit or vegetable juice of red color. Cut a bright red fruit and rub on your lips. If you want a brighter color, repeat the procedure 3-4 times. A colourless balm is then applied on the lips afterwards. This will help to hold in the resulting color for several hours. Also, you can use red food dye, but this can lead to an overly strong color.
Step 3. Protect our lips from harmful effects. First of all, keep them from prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. You should lubricate them with sunscreen if you're going outside in the sun. Also, it is important to ensure that your lips do not dry up. Moisturize it from time to time.
Some more useful tips
- Many women believe that they can make their lips red without makeup if they bite them. It is not necessary to do so since you will not achieve the expected effect. You will only damage your skin and cause additional problems and discomfort.
- Try not to lick your lips. Despite the fact that licking may seem a natural reaction to dry lips, in fact, it only dries them more. Carry a lip balm always to moisten the lips when necessary.
- Completely wash off makeup before going to bed. If you leave lipstick/lip gloss, it can lead to drying or discoloration. Your makeup remover should effectively flush out all lipstick and lip pencil. Wash off every day without exception.
- If you have no makeup remover, you can apply a little olive or coconut oil to a cotton pad and remove the lipstick.
- Quit smoking. Tobacco from cigarettes remains on the lips, making them dark and unhealthy. One of the most important methods for making your appearance healthy and beautiful is to quit smoking. It will not be easy, but the skin will say “thank you”.
- Drink a lot of fluids. In addition to external moisturizing, your skin also should be moistened from inside. Drink 6-8 glasses of water every day. Also, try to eat more fruits with high liquid content.
Now you know how to get pink lips naturally at home. Emphasize your beauty, be healthy and stay gorgeous.