- A former minister of petroleum resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, is to forfeit some properties located in Lagos and Port Harcourt to the FG
- The houses were reportedly acquired by her between 2011 and 2013 using front companies
- The attorney-general of the federation, Abubakar Malami, says Nigeria will not bring back Diezani Alison-Madueke to face corruption charges
The anti-corruption war against a former minister of petroleum resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, has continued as the Federal High Court in Lagos on Wednesday, October 11, ordered the permanent forfeiture of 56 houses linked to her.
The Punch reports that the verdict was in respect to houses of the ex-minister located in Lagos and Port Harcourt.
The properties were reportedly acquired by Diezani between 2011 and 2013 using front companies.
According to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), the properties include 29 terraced houses comprising eight four-bedroomed penthouse apartments, six three-bedroomed apartments, two three-bedroomed maisonettes, two twin bedroomed apartments and one four-bedroom apartment.
Premium Times reports that assets are estimated to be worth about N3 billion.
NAIJ.com had earlier reported that efforts by Alison-Madueke to face trial in Nigeria was rejected by the government.
PAY ATTENTION: Watch more videos on NAIJ.com TV
The attorney-general of the federation, Abubakar Malami, had said that Nigeria will not bring back Diezani Alison-Madueke to face corruption charges.
The former minister of petroleum had urged the Federal High Court in Lagos to compel the AGF to bring her back to Nigeria from the UK but The Punch reports that Malami who is also the minister of justice said there was no need to.
The minister who was speaking on Wednesday, October 4, said since the UK has opened investigations related to corruption on the former minister, it was better she faced the investigation there.
STREET GIST: Name a Nigerian politician who is not corrupt - on NAIJ.com TV