The ability to transfer funds using just your cell phone is a true godsend. Nowadays, you don’t even have to share the same bank with the person you’re sending money to. All you have to do is be a First Bank client, and download the proper tool for the job. If you’d like to learn how to use Firstmonie mobile app for this task, continue reading below!
More and more banks are developing better ways for clients to use their services. One of the most significant achievements of the last ten years was the introduction of Mobile Banking. In 2017, you no longer have to wait in irritating, hour-long lines just to make a small payment. All you need now is a phone, and you can make transactions, buy services, and transfer money in the blink of an eye.
If you’re a client of First Bank, then you are one of the lucky people that can enjoy all the benefits described above. First Money mobile is your gateway into the future. Want to know the greatest part of this service? You don’t even have to open an account with First Bank, as Firstmonie uses your cell phone number instead.
The only requirement is that you have to be eighteen or above to use this service. The First Money application can work on all kinds of cell phones, from the cheaper old ones to the newest smartphone models. Below you’ll find a list of all the features of this innovative service:
- You can send money to anyone, no matter what bank they belong to;
- You can receive transactions from people who use your phone number as the account number;
- You can recharge you phones;
- You can take care of utility bills;
- You can prolong your subscription for Cable TV services;
- You can make donations to any charity of your choosing;
- You can make investments & pay for insurance;
- You can purchase Airtime.
What more can you possibly need from a bank? Now, it’s time to talk about how you can start using this application.
How to use Firstmonie app
READ ALSO: New Yahoo mail registration guide
Before you can reap any benefits from the Firstmonie app, you first need to know how to register for it. You can take one of these three approaches to the process:
- Input the following into your cell phone: *894#. Next, follow the instructions that will be provided to you. Your mobile service company doesn’t matter in this case. You have to use the same combination for all of them.
- Go to the Firstmonie official website from your PC and follow the guide on the screen.
- Android and iPhone users can simply get the app from their respective markets
Thankfully, no matter which way you choose, the registration process is completely free!
Now that you know how to download the Firstmonie mobile app, let’s talk about how you can add funds to your name:
- Contact a Firstmonie representative. They will take the money from you and add the respective amount to your account. A text will be sent to you, informing you of a successful transaction.
Tip: To find out how much funds you have on your account, select the “Check balance” option after inputting *894#
- Take a short trip to your nearest FB ATM and transfer the money from your bank card to your cell phone.
Tip: You’ll need to input your phone number and transaction amount.
- You can make a direct transaction by submitting the correspondent form in a First Bank office of your choosing.
Tip: Upon completing the form and inputting *894# choose “First Bank Services” and then remove the transfer funds from the bank.
We’ve learned the first basic operations of using the Firstmonie app, and now it’s time to find out how to send funds to any First Bank account with this service:
- Turn on the application;
- Choose the “Send Money” option;
- On the next screen, choose “First Bank Account”;
- Input the account number, the amount of funds you want to transfer and your personal secret PIN code;
- Press the “Send” button;
- That’s it! You should receive a confirmation of a successful transaction.
Friendly reminder: Sending money to a First Bank client is completely free!
The next most requested service is how to use Firstmonie to transfer funds to a different Nigerian Bank:
- Turn on the First Monie app.
- Select the “Send Money” option.
- Now you have to choose the “Other banks” box.
- Select the appropriate Bank and input the information about the account you want to transfer funds to.
- Tap the “Lookup” option.
- Next, Firstmonie will look for your entered account and should display the name of its owner. If it did, you can be sure that you’re sending the money to the right receiver.
- Type in the amount and your secret PIN and tap the “Send” box.
- That’s it! A confirmation of a successful transaction should pop up on your screen!
Friendly reminder: Transactions from Firstmonie to different banks cost a fee of 99 Naira per transfer.
Now you have all the necessary information on how to use Firstmonie, and can start on your path of Mobile Banking. Be sure to share this article with your friends or family members that might benefit from learning this guide!