Many dead as 3 Boko Haram bombers attack Maiduguri

Many dead as 3 Boko Haram bombers attack Maiduguri

- A fresh bomb blast has occurred in Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state

- Three suicide bombers were accused of orchestrating the blasts

- More than 13 people have reportedly been confirmed dead but death toll is expected to rise

Three Boko Haram suicide bombers attacked Muna Garage, general area in Jere local government area of Maiduguri, Borno state at around 8.30pm on Sunday.

No less than 13 lives were confirmed lost and the death toll was expected to rise by morning as the rescue team could not work well at night.

A rescue worker at the scene said the garage is not safe for rescue workers at night hence the decision to pull back and search for casualties in the morning.

READ ALSO: Nnamdi Kanu is not in the custody of the Nigerian military - Federal government

According to Daily Trust, the first bomber blew himself up at Muna Garage park, killing scores and injuring six.

The second bomber detonated his explosives inside an IDP camp, injuring about 10 people while the third occurred along Gomboru Ngala road.

A Civil Joint Task Force source said: "So far, information reveals that the first bomber at Muna garage park entrance killed 13 people and injured six others while the second bomber inside IDP camp injured 10 people."

According to the police commissioner, Damain Chukwu, who confirmed the attack, there were two female suicide bombers and one male.

Chukwu said: "On 22/10/2017 at about 20: 20 hours a male suicide bomber detonated IED strapped to his body at Muna Garage, killing himself and thirteen persons, while five others sustained injuries.

“In another development at Muna Dalti, two female suicide bombers detonated IEDs killing themselves and injuring 13 others.

“The Injured persons were referred to the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital (UMTH) for treatment and corpses were evacuated.

“Police EOD teams have been deployed to sanitise the scene. In all, 16 persons were killed and 18 others injured in the three explosions."

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that a Nigerian Air Force jet has destroyed Boko Haram camps in Konduga area of Borno state in the northeast part of the country.

The Air Force confirmed the operation in a brief statement on Saturday, October 21. According to the release, the operation was carried out on Thursday, October 19 by an Alpha jet carrying bombs.

Nigerian Air Force operations against Boko Haram - NAIJ.com TV

Source: Naija.ng

Related news
Nigerian journalist threatens to sue Ethiopian airline over camera he alleged was stolen by staff

Nigerian journalist threatens to sue Ethiopian airline over camera he alleged was stolen by staff

Nigerian journalist threatens to sue Ethiopian airline over camera he alleged was stolen by staff
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel