President Muhammadu Buhari presented the 2018 appropriation bill before a joint session of the National Assembly in Abuja on Tuesday, November 7.
Following the budget presentation, the president took to social media to address some pressing issues.
NAIJ.com gathered the tweets from his official handle about the state of the country and the achievements of his government.
What are the key allocations for the 2018 budget? Below is a list:
1. Power, works and housing - N555.88bn
2. Defence - N145bn
3. Transportation - N263.1bn
4. Special intervention programmes - N150bn
5. Agricultural and rural development - N118.98bn
6. Universal Basic Education Commission - N109.6bn
7. Zonal intervention projects - N100bn
8. Health - N71.11bn
9. Interior - N63.26bn
10. Niger Delta ministry - N53.89bn
11. Industry, trade and investment - N82.92bn
12. Education - N61.73bn
13. North east intervention fund - N45bn
14. Federal Capital Territory - N40.3bn
15. Water resources - N95.11bn
16. Niger Delta development commission - N71.2bn
PAY ATTENTION: Watch more videos on NAIJ.com TV
NAIJ.com earlier reported that the presidency on Saturday, November 4, released a full list of all the appointments made by President Muhammadu Buhari since he assumed office on May 29, 2015.
Femi Adesina, the special adviser to the president on Media and Publicity released the list. The presidency released the list in reaction to a newspaper publication in which northerners are alleged to have dominated President Buhari's appointments.
STREET GIST: Signing of 2017 budget in June, same old story? - on NAIJ.com TV.