At times, it seems like dating has a rule book everyone needs to follow to the letter and other times it seems like there is nothing that can point you to the right direction no matter how hard you try to make things go as planned.
Dating has become harder with the evolution of technology, internet and there are more sophisticated ways of dating. There are different rules especially with the fact that no two people are the same.
Human beings are unpredictable, what person A likes is different from what person B likes, so you can’t always use the same method for everyone.
However, somethings are the same for everyone when it comes to dating, according to relationship expert, Joro Olumofin, there are things a man shouldn’t do or ask on a first date.
Olumofin who is a popular relationship expert in Nigeria is also known for sharing tips on how to make a relationship work.
The young socialite has presented Nigerians with a list of twenty-one things a man shouldn’t do or ask on a first date.
In the post he shared on his Instagram page, the young man listed points like giving attention to your date, what to talk about and how to act on the date.
Read list below:
1) Men shouldn't look at their phones more than the Lady while on a date
2) Don't Talk about your Bank account or how much your father has ; this puts ladies off (Bragging)
3) Smelling Bad ( Mouth or Body Odour is a No. No)
4) Don't ask " are you a chaste?
5) Don't ask her how many guys she's been with ( Body Count)
6) If she's going to pay for the movie or dinner let her know in advance ( no unexpected ATM failures, I forgot my wallet at home)
7) When your phone rings on a date and you're asked where you are? Don't give a degrading response eg ( I dey with that big yansh babe, I dey with that weekend chops I teh u about"
8) Don't insist on a "come to my house first date" or come to my friends house first date
9) Don't leave your date to talk to another Lady for more that 2 minutes
10) Don't buy her too many gifts she may think you're trying to "buy" her
11) If for any reason someone else needs to be in the car, don't put her in the back seat
12) Don't compare her to your Ex
13) Don't talk about her weight or hair in a negative way eg ( some guys may say : ure about to burst out of that dress, your hair should be due by now ?)
14) After the first intercourse always call as a courtesy (whether the intercourse was good or bad)
15) Table manners ( don't make sounds with your mouth while eating, don't talk while there's food in your mouth, don't use fork & knife for ice-cream)
16) Focus your eyes on her eyes not her curves. ( don't look at any other lady asides her on a date)
17) Projecting yourself as someone you're not (Ladies can spot fake confidence, or a fake in general) Don't borrow your friends car and say it's yours, don't lie your friend's apartment is yours)
18) Don't be too touchy & feely on a first date
19) Don't be rude or nasty to the waiter or waitress to impress your date
20) Don't ask her for money
21) Don't ask for pictures unless she offers
PAY ATTENTION: Get all the latest gossips on NAIJ News App
STREET GIST: Should young men who date older women for money be considered entrepreneurs? - on NAIJ.com TV