Are you a high school graduate from Nigeria who is searching for the perfect university to apply to? Lead City University might be just right for you. The article will give you basic information about all the accredited courses you can apply for in this institution. There are a lot of courses offered at Lead City University, Ibadan, so finding a suitable one should be easy.
Lead University: brief history
Founded in 2005, Lead City University has quickly become appealing to students from all parts of Nigeria. Since it was founded, this institution has graduated more than 5,000 people, and most of them have successfully found well-paying jobs. The university’s official motto is “Knowledge for self-reliance”, and their primary mission is to provide their students with innovative teaching technologies which will help them gain knowledge and beneficial skills. You can find out more about this higher education institution on the Lead City University website.
Lead City University courses
If you are searching for a course in Lead City University that would be the best for you, you have come to the right place. Here you can read about all the requirements for entering the university and the accredited courses it offers annually to the young undergraduates.
The university offers its potential students a chance to choose from six faculties and fifty-four courses.
READ ALSO: Top 100 Best Universities in Nigeria 2017
List of courses at Lead City University
The university has six primary faculties, and each of them has its respective courses.
Faculty of basic medical and health sciences
- Human Anatomy
- Human Kinetics & Sport Science
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Nursing Science
- Public Health
Faculty of social and management sciences
- Banking & Finance
- Business Administration
- Criminology and Security Studies
- Economics and Development Studies
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Mgt.
- Library and Information Service
- Mass Communication & Media Tech
- Office & Information Management
- Politics & International Relations
- Public Administration
Faculty of environmental design management
- Architectural Science
- Estate Management
Faculty of arts and education
- Business Education
- Computer Science
- Educational Management
- English and Literary Studies
- English Language
- Guidance and Counseling
- Health Education
- Performing Arts and Culture
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
Faculty of natural sciences
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Computer & Information Science
- Computer Science & Economics
- Computer Science & Electronics
- Drug Metabolism and Chemical Toxicology
- Environmental Biochemistry
- Environmental Management & Toxicology
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Physics & Electronics
- Science Laboratory Technology
Who can apply and what is the procedure like?
Every course has its own requirements for enrollment; however, there are some basic ones which cut across all departments.
- In order to become eligible for admission to the University, candidates must meet the cut off mark of the institution.
- He/she has to be older than 16 in the year of application submission.
- He/she needs to have at least five credit passes in subjects that must include mathematics and English language. They can make use of results from GCE, SSCE, NECO, WASCE or other approved certificates in order to prove the credit passes.
- Teachers Grade II candidates who also have credits in relevant subjects can be considered.
Students who meet these requirements can become eligible for acceptance at the Lead City University after which they will undergo internal screening at the institution.
That is the full list of courses which Lead University has to offer to its undergraduates. Now, you know the basic requirements to apply. If you have any more questions, you can visit the official website of LCU for more information.
READ ALSO: NUC university ranking 2017