Armed Forces college warns of explosions from Ubiak-Isin 2017

Armed Forces college warns of explosions from Ubiak-Isin 2017

- War college spokesman Major Ekeocha said residents of Kaduna and surrounding area should expect to hear explosions and gunshots but there was not need to panic

- The exercise Ubiak-Isin is the 2017 edition and will hold from Wednesday, November 29 to Saturday, December 9

- The college assures residents in the area of their safety because all necessary precautions have been taking

The Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji is set to conduct a special exercise in Kaduna and is warning Nigerians in the state and other surrounding areas to remain calm.

The war college said people should not be alarmed when they see massive movement of military personnel and heavy weaponry to and from the area.

This much was revealed in a statement by spokesman of the war college Major Charles Ekeocha on Sunday, November 26.

READ ALSO: Bishop Oyedepo responds to allegation of using church fund to buy private jet

The release read: "The Armed Forces Command and Staff College is conducting a field exercise between 29 Nov – 9 Dec 2017 in Labar, Dunki and Sabon Birni general area of Kaduna State. During the period, there will be massive movement of military personnel and equipment to and fro the area. Also, there will be sounds of explosives and gun shots.

"In view of this, the general public especially people living around the exercise area are advised to remain calm and not to panic on sighting movement of troops and equipment or hearing sound of explosives and small arms. While necessary preventive measures have been put in place for the general security and safety of the area, the general public is equally implored to keep off the vicinity of the exercise area during the period."

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com reported earlier that the Nigerian army on Saturday, November 25, said three of its troops were killed by Boko Haram insurgents at Magumeri town, headquarters of Magumeri local government area of Borno.

Col. Timothy Antigha, Deputy Director Army Public Relations, 8 Task Force Division, made the disclosure in a statement issued on Sunday, November 26 in Maiduguri.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android and read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Antigha said that the soldiers lost their lives while fighting to repel the insurgents who tried to infiltrate the area on Saturday.

He disclosed that six other soldiers sustained injuries in the attack while some platforms were also attacked and damaged by the terrorists.

Nigerian Air Force winged 10 flying officers - NAIJ.com TV

Source: Naija.ng

Related news
Buhari has democratic right to contest in 2019 - Arewa Forum sends message to Obasanjo

Buhari has democratic right to contest in 2019 - Arewa Forum sends message to Obasanjo

Buhari has democratic right to contest in 2019 - Arewa Forum sends message to Obasanjo
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel