Boko Haram attacks Biu, 13 killed

Boko Haram attacks Biu, 13 killed

Suspected Boko Haram terrorists have launched a deadly attack in Biu, Borno state resulting in the death of 13 persons while 53 others were injured.

In a statement by Victor Isuku who is the police spokesperson of the Borno state command, he said the attack took place on Saturday, December 2.

READ ALSO: The north has chosen to stick with Buhari - Northern elders reject Atiku

According to the police spokesperson, the attack was perpetuated by two female bombers.

Read the statement below:

Today Saturday, December 2 at about 1140hrs, two female suicide bombers infiltrated and gained entry into Biu town in Biu LGA. One of the bombers detonated IED strapped on her body within Biu Main market, while the other one detonated outside the market square.

So far, a total of 13 persons excluding the two suicide bombers, have been confirmed killed in the two explosions while 53 others sustained various degrees of injuries.

Police patrols/EOD teams led by the acting Area Commander Biu were promptly mobilized and dispatched to scene.

The bodies of the victims and the injured persons have been evacuated to General Hospital Biu. Meanwhile, normalcy has been restored and the area rendered safe.

Meanwhile, five people were said to have lost their lives and several houses burnt in a suspected Boko Haram attack on Wednesday, November 29.

The insurgents were said to have attacked Wuna village in Madagali local government area of Adamawa state.

Premium Times reports that sources said scores of fighters stormed the village, a few kilometres from Gulak, the administrative headquarters of Madagali.

Nigerian Air Force operations against Boko Haram - on NAIJ.com TV:

Source: Naija.ng

Related news
Read how much Kwankwaso's foundation donated to 100 women in Yobe state

Read how much Kwankwaso's foundation donated to 100 women in Yobe state

Read how much Kwankwaso's foundation donated to 100 women in Yobe state
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel