- The Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) movement says it will march to the presidential villa again on Monday
- The movement says it is staging the protest to see the latest actions taken by government to secure the release of the remaining 113 Chibok girls in Boko Haram's captivity
- The Boko Haram sect has earlier released 82 of the girls in May
The Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) movement says in a statement on Thursday, December 7, that it will stage another protest at Aso Villa on Monday to see what the federal government is doing to secure the release of the remaining 113 Chibok girls still in Boko Haram's captivity.
The statement was made available by the movement’s spokesman, Sesugh Akume, TheCable reports.
The statement read: “Following our last series of marches in November to the State House, President Muhammadu Buhari and the federal government made a few utterances regarding our Chibok girls after months of silence,” the statement read.
“In four months, our 113 missing Chibok girls would be in captivity for 4 years. Our demands are clear. We want concrete actions to bring them back home. Our movement is not moved by tokenist mentions and sound bites about our Chibok girls.
“Furthermore, President Muhammadu Buhari has up till now failed or refused to take ownership of the abduction of our Lassa women and University of Maiduguri lecturers.
“For these reasons, we resume of marches to the State House on Monday 11 December 2017. Takeoff place is Unity Fountain Abuja. Time is 9am daily.”
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
It will be recalled that the Boko Haram insurgents abducted 276 girls from Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, Borno state on April 14, 2014.
The federal government, after a prisoner-swap deal with the insurgents, secured the release of 82 of the girls in May while another 21 girls were released five months later.
NAIJ.com previously reported that President Muhammadu Buhari has restated his promise to crush Boko Haram insurgency.
The president said this in Kano when he paid a courtesy visit to the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.
He said: “Our administration is committed to pursuing the three-point agenda: the fight against corruption, insurgency and restoring the economy.”
Bring back our girls - 3 year anniversary #BBOG on NAIJ.com TV