In the world of Nigerian celebrities, Uti Nwachukwu certainly holds an important place. He is not only a successful actor but he has proven that he is talented in many other fields, such as TV presenting, music, and modeling. Learn interesting facts from Uti Nwachukwu biography and find out how he became rich and famous.
Uti Nwachukwu: Background, childhood, and education
Uti Nwachukwu state of origin is Delta State. He came from the Aboh Kingdom in Ndokwa-East Local Government Area of the state and he is still extremely proud of this. Born on August 3, 1982, Uti never thought he could ever become such a famous celebrity, even in his wildest dreams. Uti has always described himself as “Deltan to the core”, because all his young years have been spent in that state, precisely in Ughelli.
The actor said that he liked growing in this small town and it brings him nostalgic memories. According to him, his childhood was really nice and quiet. His father was a worker at Delta Glass, and little Uti spent most of his time watching television. The self-made star says that living in a small town when he was a kid really helped him because all of the people were open to each other and there was no 'fakeness' like in big cities.
When Uti speaks about his childhood, he describes himself as a huge prankster – he enjoyed making fun of everyone in his family. He also claims that he had a lot of authority among his peers and was known as the initiative child who always had the craziest ideas.
Breaking the rules was in his blood, and quite often he would convince the other kids, especially his siblings, to break them too. He often points out that he still misses his childhood years and is proud of his cultural background.
Uti thinks that many people who become famous quickly forget where they come from and in the end they let fame and success get to them. In Uti Nwachukwu’s case, his background only inspires him to work harder and makes him thankful for what he already has.
Uti got his secondary education at Igbinedion Education centre. At school, he was a gifted and outgoing child. Except for being an incredibly successful actor, a gifted model, and a talented musician, Uti Nwachukwu is also a really smart man. You will not believe it, but he possesses a degree in Computer Science and Education, that he got at Benson Idahosa University where he used to study.
Actually, there was an interesting thing about his application for Big Brother Africa – he tried to audition for the show more than once, but the first time, he missed the date because he had exams on the same day.
Biography of Uti Nwachukwu: his participation in Big Brother and further popularity
Before his big debut on the show that made him famous, he was a star on the Nigerian reality show Next Movie Star, where he finished second. In 2008, Uti became a star of Big Brother Africa’s third season. On that show, he was evicted third. However, fans took a huge liking to the charismatic young man, and two years later he returned to the show as a part of the All-Stars season of Big Brother.
He was seen as the guy who teased his roommates quite often. Out of fourteen participants, he was crowned as a winner of the show. After that, Uti Nwachukwu’s life went uphill. He started getting the roles in big movies and doing music collaborations with Nigerian celebrities. Some movies that starred Uti Nwachukwu were “In the Cupboard”, “Weekend Getaway”, and “Tinsel”.
Apart from everything else, he is also a TV presenter on the Jara show. His overwhelming fame and popularity also led to him becoming an official ambassador of youth for Delta State, and a tourism ambassador for Cross River. The actor is still incredibly thankful to the Big Brother show that opened the doors to successful life for him.
Apart from acting in various movies, he also recorded a few music albums of his own. His debut single “Go down” was released in 2010. Uti is certain that music helps him cope with his problems. Even though he emphasized that his music is not a career, but for personal pleasure, the fans still think highly of his songs, which is strengthened by him winning awards like NMWA Best Alternative Video. His music style is alternative rock and he is really passionate about this and hopes that lots of rock music fans across Nigeria will fall in love with his catchy tunes. The reason he got into music was to express himself and his emotional side. So far, he has released a few albums and keeps working his way up to the top of alternative rock elite.
Things about Uti Nwachukwu you never knew
Here are some exciting and unusual facts about Uti Nwachukwu that might be interesting for you:
- Before the popularity, he actually worked at a bank for some time.
- Uti Nwachukwu says that his parents are his main heroes and role models. His father died of cancer in 2010, so his mother became a widow. But Uti says that his mother is the primary reason he has a kind and generous heart now. He admits that he was a bit of a problematic child with his flamboyant and loud attitude, but his mother has become the voice of reason for him and taught him kindness towards other people and animals. He also adds that she always complemented his father who was an impulsive go-getter type, and he loves his mother more than anything.
- His favorite quote is “happiness is a state of mind, which always begins with a choice”. He heard this advice from his close friend and has been following it ever since. Another beloved quote of Uti is “Those who fail miserably are the ones who later succeed greatly”.
- The football club that he supports is Chelsea FC. He is a huge fan of this team.
- He says that his friends usually call him a “cocktail of personalities”.
- While he is an outgoing type of person and loves meeting new people, he admits to having mood swings at times.
- The things he dislikes the most of all is people touching his personal stuff, people who are dishonest, and arrogant people.
- After he won Big Brother Africa, he spent a lot of money on helping those who are in need.
- He values every penny he has and advises young people to set their own purpose in life and go for it no matter what.
- He is faithful to God and often mentions his religious beliefs when he answers questions about what changed his life.
- For a long time, people speculated about his romantic preferences, however, he opened up in the latest interview about a woman he cares for. He described her as the love of his life and said she makes him blush every time he talks about her.
You have learned more about the rich and famous celebrity Uti Nwachukwu, who is an actor, musician, model, fashion icon of Nigeria, TV host, and ambassador – all in one. This man truly succeeds at everything he does, which is admirable. He has become a huge inspiration for young people and continues to be an example of success for them.