- Omarosa Newman has quit her $180,000 White House job as director of communication for the Office of Public Liaison
- Her departure from the White House is attributed to her refusal to defend President Donald Trump's administration
- President Donald Trump has expressed his appreciation to the former aide, saying he wishes her success
One of President Donald Trump's aides and director of communications for the White House Office of Public Liaison, Omarosa Newman, has quit her job, The Guardian reports.
NAIJ.com gathered that the former star of Trump’s TV show 'The Apprentice,' worked as the director of African-American outreach on Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.
She's to leave the administration in January 2018.
According to White House press secretary, Sarah Sanders, Newman’s resignation is effective January 20, one year since Trump’s inauguration.
However, a source familiar with Newman’s departure had stated that her refusal to defend the Trump's administration had long been an issue.
She had been reportedly unwilling to talk about Trump's civil rights record in the wake of his visit to the opening of a new museum in Mississippi on Saturday, December 9; nor was she willing to defend the president's support for Roy Moore in Alabama - a candidate who claimed America was great during the era of slavery.
It was learnt that her refusal to be a public advocate for the White House as its most prominent African-American woman culminated on the evening of Tuesday, December 12, in a meeting with Chief of Staff John Kelly and several lawyers in the White House Situation Room which ended with her departure from the administration.
The US Secret Service deactivated her pass, and escorted her off the White House complex.
Trump expressed his appreciation for her service and wished her success.
See his tweet below:
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that the Israeli military said it was deploying hundreds more troops to the occupied West Bank after US President Donald Trump recognised Jerusalem as Israel's capital on December 5.
The military in a statement said: "Upon the conclusion of the general staff's situation assessment, it was decided that a number of battalions will reinforce in the area of (the West Bank), as well as combat intelligence and territorial defence.
"In addition, more standby forces were defined, as part of the (military's) readiness to possible developments."
How would you feel if Donald Trump bombed Boko Haram like Syria? - on NAIJ.com TV