- A Nigerian man has reacted to the recommendations of the APC committee on restructuring
- He said he would vote and campaign for the party in 2019 if the recommendations are implemented
- He also blasted the PDP, saying the party does not have any policy on restructuring
A Nigerian man on Facebook has blasted the opposition party, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), saying that the party does not have a substantive policy on restructuring.
The man, identified as Kalu Aja, said the PDP is only hoping that Nigerians will get angry with President Muhammadu Buhari and dump the ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC), in 2019.
Aja said he supported the recommendations presented by the APC committee on restructuring.
He stated that if the ruling party can implement the recommendations of the committee, he will vote and campaign for the party in 2019.
Read his Facebook post:
“I have been following the APC party committee on restructuring and their proposals as presented, and I must say, I support all that they want to do. They are speaking of:
1. Resources Control for states
2. Increase in allocation to states
3. Devolution of powers, the committee wants foods, dr*ugs, poison, narcotics, fingerprints, registration of business names, labour, mines and minerals, police, prisons, public holidays, railways and stamp duties.
The only thing I disagree with is that they want to retain the Land Use Act.
So it’s either this is a political move to allow the APC say to the electorate: "See we want devolution too" also, or it is for real.
If APC does push these policies through, I will vote and campaign for them.
PDP does not even have a policy on restructuring...they are hoping people will get angry with Buhari in 2019 and vote them in.”
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
NAIJ.com previously reported that the governor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, said that President Buhari was not concerned about personal power and was willing to give up power if that was what was needed to make Nigeria progress.
El-Rufai said this while commenting on one of the recommendations of the APC committee on restructuring.
Devolution of power is one of the key things recommended by the committee.
El-Rufai said the president was fully aware of the implications of the provision and was excited about it.
He said: “He was excited. He was very pleased and he said he fully supports what we have done and that he is looking forward to the party officially transmitting it to him for his necessary action"
2019 reelection bid: Should President Buhari heed Obasanjo's advice? - on NAIJ.com TV