Popular actress Omotola Jalade Ekeinde turned 40 on Wednesday, February 7, 2018, and to celebrate her, NAIJ.com has curated a list of little known facts about her.
1. Contrary to popular belief, Omotola’s first role wasn’t in the movie The Prostitute; it was in Venom released in 1995.
2. She was reportedly paid N43,000 for that role.
3. The first film she appeared in that made it to the cinemas was Ije which also featured Genevieve Nnaji.
4. In 2012, she became the first Nollywood star to have her own reality show in 2012.
5. She studied at the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) before moving to Yaba College of Technology.
6. Omotola is the only girl in her family. She has four siblings.
7. She also has a huge following on social media. In fact, she was the first Nigerian celebrity to receive one million likes on Facebook.
8. A known lover of music, she has revealed Sound Sultan is her favourite music act.
9. She has also released her own music and even has a song with US R&B singer Bobby Valentino.
10. Her favourite sport surprisingly is professional wrestling.
11. The mom of four met her husband in church through his sister.
12. One of her daughters earned N2.4m from an endorsement deal in 2015.
13. The actress is a staunch Christian who observes morning devotion daily with her family.
14. Apart from her obvious love for Nollywood, Omotola is into real estate business.
Actress Omoni Oboli reveals the major problem with the Nigerian movie industry (Nollywood) on NAIJ.com TV.