Liverpool are plotting a £50m deal for Leicester City's Wilfred Ndidi

Liverpool are plotting a £50m deal for Leicester City's Wilfred Ndidi

- Liverpool have shown interest in signing Nigeria international Wilfred Ndidi

- The 25-year-old has been fantastic for Leicester City since he joined them in January 2017

- Meanwhile, the Reds are hoping to bring Philippe Coutinho back to Anfield in an international friendly between Brazil and Croatia in June

Liverpool are reportedly plotting a £50 million deal for Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi this summer.

The 21-year-old has been in the news of late – after being rated the best tackler in the English Premier League this season with over 109 successful tackles in about 177 tackles made so far.

Ndidi, who played a crucial role in Nigeria’s World Cup qualification, joined the Foxes at the start of 2017 from Belgian topflight side, Genk in a four-and-a-half year deal, and hes said to have impressed Jurgen Klopp.

And since his move to the King Power Stadium, he (Ndidi) has brought stability to the midfield that N’golo Kante left when he joined Chelsea after winning the EPL title under coach Claudio Raineri in the 2015-16 season.

READ ALSO: Real Madrid reportedly prepares stunning €500m to land Neymar this summer

The former Borrusia Dortmund manager is said to admire the midfielder’s physical approach to the game.

Meanwhile, Barcelona forward Coutinho will return to Anfield for the first time later this year to participate in an international friendly match.

The club’s chiefs are in advanced talks with Brazil and Croatia's football federations about hosting the World Cup warm-up game before they travel to Russia, according to Liverpool Echo.

The test game, which has been scheduled for Sunday, June 3 would see Liverpool duo, Roberto Firmino and Dejan Lovren play against each other. It would also see Coutinho back at Anfield - five months after completing a record-breaking £142million move to Barcelona.

And with Paris Saint Germain star involved in the game, the stadium will be filled to capacity as other stars will be on parade in the tie.

While in other news, Liverpool coach, Jurgen Klopp has admitted that his career would have been forgotten had Mainz 05 had fired him just months after he started his coaching career.

Liverpool boss Klopp was given his first managerial job by Mainz, the club he once played centre-back for, but lingered just above relegation in his debut season.

PAY ATTENTION: Like our Facebook sports page to stay in touch with latest sports

“I realised I had no experience [as a coach] but was so excited about the opportunity that the thought of getting sacked never crossed my mind,” Klopp told Goal.

“I only realised years later that nobody would have ever given me a second chance if Mainz had sacked me.

“It was a bit of an impossible mission.”

Klopp would go on to keep Mainz in the second tier. Then he got them promoted three years later, after coming close twice before.

From there, Klopp has never looked back, establishing Mainz in the Bundesliga, before heading off Borussia Dortmund, where he'd go on to win the title.

Nigerian Women's Bobsled Team: Exclusive Interview with Naij.com TV

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Naija.ng

Related news
Donald Trump threatens North Korea's Kim Jong-un with military action after cancelling summit

Donald Trump threatens North Korea's Kim Jong-un with military action after cancelling summit

Donald Trump threatens North Korea's Kim Jong-un with military action after cancelling summit
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel