We do not know about you, but for us YouTube is a very important part of our daily routine. However, sometimes you are stuck without Internet connection, therefore without your favourite channels. That is why we want to tell you how to download YouTube videos on Android free, so that you can watch fun videos wherever and whenever you want.
How to download YouTube videos on Android phones
One of the ways you can download a YouTube video to your phone is by using an app called TubeMate. It is a very convenient tool, but it comes with a catch: you cannot find it on the Play Market. In order to get it, you will need to install it from the app’s website, which is why we need to teach you how to do it first. You can head straight to the third step if you already know how to do this.
- Go to Settings and find Security (or Privacy).
- In that menu, find the toggle for Unknown sources and allow the installation of apps from sources other than the Play Market. Once you have done that, you should be able to install the app we are going to be using.
- Go to tubemate.net, where you can find various versions of the app and links to download them. Download whichever one you like and then install it. We recommend downloading the latest version available.
- After the app has been installed, find the YouTube video you would like to download, press the Share button and select TubeMate from the list of options. In TubeMate, choose the resolution for the video and click Download. You can also just use TubeMate without the YouTube app, as it comes with a search function that allows you to find videos directly on TubeMate.
This is only one way of downloading videos from YouTube to your phone. Continue reading to learn about other methods you can try.
How to download YouTube videos on Android without app
If you do not want to download any seedy apps, you can always download videos the old-fashioned way — with the help of the well-known website SaveFrom.net. This method works pretty much the same way as on the PC. In case you do not know how to do this, here are the few simple steps to follow:
- Find the video you want to download on YouTube and copy its URL.
- Go to savefrom.net.
- In the box that says Enter the URL, input the link that you have previously copied.
- When the page stops loading, you will see the video itself and the drop-down list of formats and resolutions you can choose from. Select one of them, and your download will begin.
- After the download has completed, you can find the video in your Download folder. Enjoy!
How to download YouTube videos on Android phone directly via the YouTube app
In select countries, the YouTube app itself allows you to download videos and watch them offline. The countries we are talking about are: Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Ghana, Egypt, Algeria, Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Libya, Jordan, Yemen.
If you live in one of the aforementioned countries, then you can easily download YouTube videos for the times when the Internet is not that great or gone completely. You will have access to them offline for up to 2 days with no Internet. After that, you will need to access the Internet to add another two days.
Downloading the video via the YouTube app is very simple and intuitive. Here is what you need to do:
- Choose the video you would like to download.
- Under the video itself, you can find the Download button next to all the other ones (thumbs up, thumbs down, share, add to). You can also find the Download option in the context menu in the upper right corner of the video (it looks like three vertical dots).
- Press the Download button. You can track the download progress in the notifications bar.
- As soon as the video is done downloading, the Download button will turn blue. This means that you can now access the downloaded video offline on the YouTube app.
- In order to find the downloaded videos, go to the Library tab and select Downloads. There, you can choose the videos to watch or remove.
It sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is. You will be able to figure out how to download YouTube videos on Android in no time once you try it.
Now you know all the different ways of how to download YouTube videos with Android phone. Just choose whichever one suits you best and try it out.
READ ALSO: Top 10 best YouTube downloaders for Android