- President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered defence minister Dan-Alli to Zamfara over gunmen attack
- Suspected gunmen on Thursday, February 15, reportedly killed about 41 people in the state
- The president that said his government would do everything to ensure the perpetrators are brought to book
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the minister of defence, Mansur Dan-Alli, to proceed immediately to Zamfara state to undertake an on-the-spot assessment of the situation in the state.
NAIJ.com gathered that the president's order came a day after suspected gunmen killed about forty-one people in Zamfara state.
READ ALSO: FG reportedly considering fuel price hike
The president described the attack on the innocent people of the state as senseless, saying that his government would do everything to ensure the perpetrators are brought to book.
He also sent a condolence message to the families of the victims of the Birane Village massacre, and the government and people of Zamfara.
He said: "I have directed the minister of defence to proceed immediately to Zamfara state to undertake an on-the-spot assessment of the situation there.
"My deepest condolences to the families of the victims of the Birane Village massacre, and the Government and people of Zamfara.
"The perpetrators of all of these senseless attacks on innocent and defenceless Nigerians, in all parts of the country, will be made to face the full wrath of the law.
"We must and will bring the spilling of innocent blood to an end. May the souls of the dead rest in peace.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had earlier reported that Governor of Zamfara and chairman of the Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF), Alhaji Abdulaziz Yari Abubakar, has expressed shocked over an attack on Birane village in Zurmi local government area of the state which left scores dead.
Nigerian herdsmen vs Nigerian farmers - on NAIJ.com TV