ADP challenges Governor Bello to account for N481bn received from FG

ADP challenges Governor Bello to account for N481bn received from FG

- The Action Democratic Party has challenged Niger state governor, Abubakar Sani Bello on how he spent N481 billion received from the federal government

- In defence, the governor's senior special assistant on media said the state government had been effectively utilising the funds

Governor Abubakar Sani Bello of Niger state has been challenged by Action Democratic Party (ADP) to come out clean on how his government spent N481 billion, Daily Trust reports.

Niger state had allegedly received N481 billion from the federal government as monthly statutory allocations, the Paris Club Refund, among others.

NAIJ.com gathered that Alhaji Tanimu Sarki Kwamba, ADP’s state chairman, threw the challenge at the party’s stakeholders’ meeting over the weekend in Minna.

READ ALSO: It's nothing new - Senate confirms senators receive N13.5m monthly running cost

The party chairman said ADP and indeed Nigerlites were worried that despite receiving the whooping sums, the state government had not been able to provide basic infrastructure across the state, adding that the people needed to know how the monies were spent.

He also asked the governor to explain the “scandal” which led to the removal of heads of the School Feeding Programme (SFP), and that the inability of the state government to judiciously utilise the accruals from the Federal Government brought to question the commitment of the governor to the ongoing fight against corruption.

Jide Orintunsin, the senior special assistant on media to the governor, in reaction said the state government had been effectively utilising all the funds it so far received from the federal government.

He said: “The document guiding the state’s financing is the budget and the governor has always implemented the budget to the latter through infrastructural development and other projects that have direct bearing on the people.”

In a previous report by NAIJ.com, the convoy of Niger state governor, Abubakar Sani Bello, was on Thursday, March 8, 2018, attacked by angry youths from Bida local government area of the state and the governor and his entourage stoned by the mob.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

The mob attacked the governor over alleged non-performance and constant travels outside the country on the claim of inviting foreign investors to in the state, Tribune reports.

Should President Buhari seek reelection in 2019? - on NAIJ.com TV.

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Naija.ng

Related news
Nigerian Air Force inducts MI-35P helicopter, deploys seven fighter aircraft to Benue, Taraba

Nigerian Air Force inducts MI-35P helicopter, deploys seven fighter aircraft to Benue, Taraba

Nigerian Air Force inducts MI-35P helicopter, deploys seven fighter aircraft to Benue, Taraba
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel