- First Bank would partner with the Kogi state government to provide security in the Offa area, following last week's deadly robbery attack
- The bank would partner with the various tiers of government to ensure that sophisticated security outfit is provided at its branches in Offa
- 24 people, including policemen and residents were killed when the robbers attacked various bank branches in the area
First Bank Holdings has expressed its readiness to collaborate with the government in providing security in Offa local government area of Kwara state to curb incessant armed robbery.
The managing director of the holdings, Adesola Kazeem, said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria, at the Ilorin International Airport on Monday, April 9.
The managing director who spoke through the deputy managing director, Francisco Shobo, said: “We are very sad at the development but thankful to God that none of our staff or customers lost their lives to the armed robbery attack.
“We are planning to partner the various tiers of government to ensure that sophisticated security outfit is provided within our branches in Offa.”
According to him, First Bank will support the police in ensuring that sound security apparatus is installed within the premises of the bank. He also assured the bank’s customers that it would resume operations as quickly as possible in the community to ease their transactions.
He also called on the public to always report any suspicious person to the security agents for necessary action.
Kazeem appealed to both the federal and the various state governments to assist banks curb attacks on banks in the country by putting adequate security measures in place .
The robbers killed 24 people, including policemen and residents when they attacked branches of the Union Bank, ECOBANK, Guarantee Trust Bank, First Bank, Zenith Bank and Ibolo Micro Finance Bank in Offa on April 5.
Also, some of those who sustained various injuries from the attacks were taken to different hospitals for treatment.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that the minister of information and culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on Sunday, April 8, paid a condolence visit to Governor AbdulFatah Ahmed of Kwara, over last week’s bank robbery in Offa.
Mohammed in Ilorin, also condoled with the families of the victims of the April 5 robbery attack and described it as unfortunate and sad. He said the inspector general of police Ibrahim Idris, had assured that perpetrators of the robbery attack would be arrested and brought to justice.
Robbers return firearms to Nigerian Police - on NAIJ.com TV: