FG expresses worry over killing of Nigerians in UK, says more than 9 youths already killed in 2018

FG expresses worry over killing of Nigerians in UK, says more than 9 youths already killed in 2018

- The federal government has expressed worry over the killings of Nigerians in the UK

- The government wrote a protest letter to the British High Commissioner in Nigeria, demanding justice and investigation into the killings

- It also urged Nigerians to continue to be good ambassadors of Nigeria by obeying the rules of their host country and not to take laws into their hands

The federal government on Monday, April 9, expressed worry over the spate of killing of Nigerians in the UK in recent time.

The senior special assistant to the President Muhammadu Buhari on foreign affairs and diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, expressed government’s position on the matter in a statement by her media aide Abdur-Rahman Balogun in Abuja.

The Nation reports that Balogun said Dabiri-Erewa had advised Nigerians to be careful and exercise restraint.

READ ALSO: Governor Ortom raises alarm over fresh killings in Benue, urges security agencies to halt further attacks

He quoted the presidential aide as saying “the increased killing of blacks, especially those of Nigerian origin in London was worrisome and disturbing.”

She said it was reported that more than 50 blacks, mainly youths, were either stabbed or gunned down in the first quarter of 2018 in London alone.

She added that Nigerian boys killed in the UK in the first quarter of 2018, mainly London, included Oluwadamilola Odeyingbo, 18, Taofeek Lamidi, 20, and Harry Uzoka, 25.

Others were Rotimi Oshinbajo, 26, Fola Odubiyi, 18, Niyi Shode, 24, Kelvin Odunuyi, 19, Abraham Badru, 26, Israel Ogunsola, 18, and more unreported cases.

Dabiri-Erewa had last week written protest letter to the British High Commissioner in Nigeria, demanding justice and investigation into the matter.

She, however, advised Nigerians to continue to be good ambassadors of Nigeria by obeying the rules of their host country and not to take laws into their hands.

She condoled with the affected families and prayed unto God to comfort them.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

She said government would continue to seek for justice and bring to book the perpetrators of the gruesome killings.

NAIJ.com previously reported that the Nigerian Senate reacted to the reported death of 26 Nigerian girls in the Mediterranean and Sahara desert.

The motion was moved on the floor of the Senate by the chairperson, Senate committee on diaspora, Senator Rose Oko.

Oko is a Peoples Democratic Party senator representing Cross River North senatorial district in the red chambers.

She lamented over the death of the ladies and urged her colleagues in the Senate to look into the issue.

President Buhari on 2019 presidential election: will you vote for him? | NAIJ.com TV

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Naija.ng

Related news
Reason Nigeria Air was suspended reportedly revealed

Reason Nigeria Air was suspended reportedly revealed

Reason Nigeria Air was suspended reportedly revealed
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel