The Nigerian police have, on Friday, Apri 13, revealed the identities of 12 suspects who were arrested for alleged connection to brital robbery in Offa, Kwara state.
The bandits had stormed the community on April 5, killing 17 people and raiding five banks in the process. Eight police officers at Owode Division, Offa, were also killed in the attack, and the robbers made away with police arms and ammunition.
The police arrested seven suspects within the first two days of the attack, and made more arrests on later dates.
Statement from the police read:
1. Adegoke Shogo 29yrs – Arrested in Offa
2. Kayode Opadokun 35yrs – Arrested in Offa
3. Kazeem Abdulrasheed 36yrs – Arrested in Offa
4. Azeez Abdullahi 27yrs – Arrested in Offa
5. Alexander Reuben 39yrs – Arrested on the 11th April, 2018 in Lagos
6. Jimoh Isa 28yrs – Arrested on the 11th April, 2018 in Lagos
7. Azeez Salawudeen 20yrs – Arrested in Offa and victim’s phone and sim cards recovered from him
8. Adewale Popoola 22yrs – Arrested in Offa and victim’s phone and sim cards recovered from him
9. Adetoyese Muftau 23yrs – Arrested in Ibadan, Oyo State
10. Aminu Ibrahim 18yrs – Arrested in Ilorin
11. Richard Buba Terry 23yrs – Arrested in Ilorin
12. Peter Jaba Kuunfa 25yrs – Arrested in Ilorin
These three (3) last suspects in whose possession another Beretta pistol and Fourteen (14) rounds of live ammunitions were recovered.
READ ALSO: Governor Ikpeazu survives sack from office
1. Two (2) Beretta Pistols
2. Twenty (20) Rounds of Live Ammunition
3. Four (4) Phones and SIM cards belonging to victims, some of whom were killed during the attack
Consequent on the Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, mni, deployment of high-powered police investigation team, Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC), Three (3) units of Police Mobile Force (PMF) and anti-robbery equipment to Kwara state to carryout discreet investigation into the banks robbery, prevent further attacks and bring perpetrators to justice; the high-powered police investigation team deployed in synergy with the State Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department have arrested the Nine (9) above mentioned armed robbers directly involved in the Banks Robbery and attack on a Police Station in Offa, Kwara State.
2. The police teams engaged in massive raids of identified criminal spots/flashpoints, stop and search operations, visibility and confidence building patrols, intelligence gathering which led to the arrest of the suspects. Some of the arrest also involved serious exchange of gun fire between the police and the suspects in their various hideouts.
3. The following are the suspects arrested and have admitted to the various criminal roles they played in the banks robbery attacks and are also assisting Police investigation into the incident.
i) Adegoke Shogo 29yrs native of Offa Kwara state, he was arrested in Offa after the bank robbery and the attack on the police station. He is drug baron and also an Indian Hemp dealer in Offa Kwara state. According to intelligence gathered from cultivated and reliable informant, he is alleged to be one of the sponsors of the robbery attack and the police station in Offa. He has made useful statements to the roles he played in the armed robbery.
ii) Kayode Opadokun 35yrs Native of Offa Kwara state. He was found out to have been released from Prison Three (3) months ago after serving only 8months of his sentence years for Armed robbery, notorious armed robber and confirmed gang member of the Offa Bank Robbers. A Barrette pistol and six (6) rounds of live ammunition was recovered from him. He has admitted to the criminal roles he played in the Offa banks robbery.
iii) Kazeem Abdulrasheed 36yrs native of Offa Kwara state, A gang member from whom a Victim’s phone was found. He was arrested in Offa
iv) Azeez Abdullahi 27yrs native of Offa Kwara state, Gang member from whom a victim’s phone and SIM cards were recovered.
v) Alexander Reuben 39yrs native of Isoko LGA Delta state, He is a notorious, deadly and hardened bank robber from whom GMPGs, rocket launchers and several Rifles were recovered in 2015. He was released from Prison in December 2017. He was arrested on the April, 11 2018 in Lagos.
vi) Jimoh Isa 28yrs native of Okene Kogi state indicted by Technical intelligence generated on the bank robbers. He was arrested on the April, 11 2018 in Lagos.
4. Three (3) suspects namely Azeez Salawudeen 20yrs, Adewale Popoola 22yrs and Adetoyese Muftau 23yrs from whom Two (2) phones and SIM cards belonging to victims were recovered have also made confessional statements admitting to the various roles they played in the commission of the crime.
5. (i) Aminu Ibrahim 18yrs – Arrested in Ilorin,
ii) Richard Buba Terry 23yrs and
iii) Peter Jaba Kuunfa 25yrs
These three (3) suspects in whose possession another Beretta pistol and Fourteen (14) rounds of live ammunitions were recovered were arrested in connection with the Offa bank robbery. They have previously been investigated and charged to court for armed robbery and cultism. They have made confessional statements admitting to the various criminal roles they played in the recent bank robbery in Offa.
6. All the suspects during investigation confessed to the various criminal roles they played in the commission of the crime, however, investigation is being intensified to arrest other suspects still at large and bring them to justice.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
7. The Nigeria Police Force once again deeply commiserates with the Government and People of Kwara State, most especially the people of Offa and the families of the victims. The Force will leave no stone unturned in unravelling this dastard act and bring all those responsible to justice. The Force appreciates the supports from members of the public so far and calls for calm and their cooperation to sustain the normalcy that has been restored in the State.
NAIJ.com had reported that National Assembly on Thursday, April 12, ordered the Nigerian Police Force to ensure the immediate arrest of Offa, Kwara state bank robbers and bring the perpetrators to justice.
Offa bank robbery: Why some residents were shot by armed robbers on NAIJ.com TV.