- Nigerian soldiers have arrested some suspected militias in Nasarawa state
- The operation was carried out alongside the Nigeria Police Force
- The suspects were apprehended at Ugyi town in Toto local government area of the state
Troops of 177 Guards Battalion on Tuesday, April 24 in conjunction with the Nigeria Police while on raid operation in Ugyi town, Toto local government area of Nasarawa state arrested some suspected militias.
According to a statement sent to NAIJ.com by the director army public relations, Brigadier-General Texas Chukwu, the suspects are all from Gbassa tribe of the state.
Their names were given as
- Mr James Job
- Usman Unani
- Samson Baba
- Muhammad Sani
- Dauda Gimba
Items recovered from them include:
- One Daihatsu SUV jeep
- Seven motorcycles
- Six Dane guns
- One locally made revolver pistol
- Four 9mm rounds of ammunition and a cartridge
- Twenty six daggers wish names and phone numbers written on each
- One sword
- Forty pieces of customized regalia
- A cash of one thousand two hundred and five naira only as well as assorted charms.
NAIJ.com gathered that preliminary investigation is ongoing and the suspects will be handed over to the appropriate authority on completion of the investigation.
READ ALSO: Troops arrest suspected kidnappers in Kaduna
Meanwhile, the Nigerian Army has declared five suspects wanted in Taraba state in line with the on going military exercise Ayem Akpatuma.
NAIJ.com gathered that the suspects were declared wanted for their alleged roles in the killings in Takum local government area in particular and Taraba state in general.
TY Danjuma, Nigerian army and the herdsmen crisis | NAIJ.com TV