If you see that your Nigerian passport does not have that long to live, you should think about renewing it. For more information on the Nigerian passport renewal fee and procedure, check out this post. We will tell you what you need to know about getting a new passport so that you can enjoy international travel again.
Nigerian passport renewal cost
So how much is Nigerian passport renewal fee? Well, it all depends on how old you are and how many pages you want in your booklet. You can either have 32 or 64 pages. If you want to have 32 pages, these are the fees you can expect:
- For people of ages 0 to 17 the fee is ₦8,750;
- For people of ages 18 to 59 the fee is ₦15,000;
- For people of ages 60+ the fee is ₦8,750.
If you want to have 64 pages, then the fee is ₦20,000 regardless of age.
There is also the address verification fee you will need to pay, which is ₦2,000, bank charges are not included. The administrative charges are not refundable, but if you mistakenly pay twice, you will be able to get your money back.
As for the Nigerian passport cost for people abroad, the fees for a 32-page booklet are as follows:
- For people of ages 0 to 17 the fee is $65;
- For people of ages 18 to 59 the fee is $94;
- For people of ages 60+ the fee is $65.
If you want to have 64 pages, then the fee is $125 regardless of age.
These fees are applicable to all consulates, embassies and high commissions.
What you will need for Nigerian passport renewal
READ ALSO: South Africa visa processing time in Nigeria
You might also want to know about the procedure for passport renewal. In order to renew the passport, the validity of which has been expired, you will need to present the following:
- Passport booklet;
- Application letter;
- Evidence of Payment and acknowledgement slip;
- A copy of your passport’s data page.
If you want to renew the passport that has not expired yet, and there are more than 6 months left, in addition to the aforementioned documents you will also need to state your reasons for renewing the passport.
To apply for passport renewal, you will need to go through a similar procedure as if you were getting a passport for the first time. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Go to portal.immigration.gov.ng and complete the passport application.
- Make the payment and get an Application ID and Reference. The website mentioned above contains all the necessary information on the payment.
- Take your application, along with other things we have specified previously to the passport office you have chosen during your application.
- If you are abroad at the moment of applying for a passport renewal, you will need to take your application to the nearest Nigerian Consulate, High Commission or Embassy.
- If your passport is older than 6 months, you will need to have your picture and biometric data taken at your chosen Immigration Office.
After that, all you have to do is wait until your passport is ready to be collected.
That is all we have for you on the topic of Nigerian passport renewal. If you still have some questions, we recommend you to visit the Nigeria Immigration Service website.