If you are an existing Airtel Nigeria customer or want to become one, take a minute to learn about all the Airtel call plans. Checkout all the tariff plans and bundles you can enjoy that can help you stay in touch with those who matter.
Airtel offers its customers a very wide variety of options when it comes to making affordable calls. Therefore, we are going to talk about tariff plans you can choose from if you are an Airtel customer. Let’s go!
Airtel Smart Connect
The default Airtel tariff plan is smartCONNECT. All new Airtel users can enjoy it as soon as they activate their SIM card. Here is the breakdown of charges for this tariff:
- Calls to all local networks, as well as to China, Canada, UK, India and USA at 50 kobo/s;
- Texts to local networks at ₦4/SMS;
- International texts at ₦15/SMS;
- Data charges at 5 kobo/KB.
However, this tariff’s main attraction is the 8x recharge bonus. This means that your ₦100 recharge will give you access to services that cost ₦800. In addition to this, for the first three months of using this plan, you will be getting a 100% data bonus based on your recharges at the end of the month. This means that if your recharges by the end of the month have amounted to ₦500, you will get ₦500 to use on data at ₦5 per MB.
As this tariff is only available to new users, existing users that have migrated out of it cannot migrate back. Therefore, there is no migration code for this tariff plan.
Airtel Smart Premier
One of the options you can migrate to is the prepaid plan called smartPREMIER. With this plan, you can enjoy:
- Calls to all local networks, as well as to China, Canada, UK, India and USA at 11 kobo/s (after the first minute of the day for 40 kobo/s);
- Texts to local networks at ₦4/SMS;
- International texts at ₦15/SMS.
In addition to this, you can also expect a bonus of up to 150 MB for your recharges, as well as free incoming calls during roaming if you recharge for ₦5,000. To migrate to this tariff, dial *318#. First migration in a month is free, while all the subsequent migrations will cost you ₦100.
Airtel Smart Talk 2.0
Another great prepaid option is smartTALK 2.0. For just ₦5 a day, you can enjoy calls for 11 kobo/s to all local networks and calls for 20 kobo/s to the five destinations we have mentioned previously. You only pay the daily access fee on days when you make calls.
To migrate to smartTALK 2.0 dial *315#. Once again, first migration in a month is free, while all the subsequent migrations will cost you ₦100.
Airtel Smart Trybe
If you are a student, then you will most likely enjoy the Airtel smartTRYBE tariff. With this plan, you get:
- Calls to local networks at 11 kobo/s (after the first 50 seconds at 20 kobo/s);
- International calls to the five destinations outlined above at 20 kobo/s;
- Bonus data to use on campus.
That is right, when you buy data bundles on campus, you get bonus data for free! In addition to that, you can also get bonus MB for recharges every week, as well as get 500 MB for night browsing (from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m.) for just ₦25.
To migrate to this tariff, just dial *312#. By dialling this number, you can also select the benefits you want to enjoy.
Airtel Trybe Junior
READ ALSO: How to migrate to Airtel Smart Connect plan
If you want your child to stay connected to you at all times, then you should consider the smartTRYBE Jr tariff. With it, you can enjoy calls at 20 kobo/s to all networks and local SMS at ₦2/SMS. At the same time, if you purchase a Family and Friends bundle for ₦200 per month, you will be able to call your (registered) family and friends for just 11 kobo/s, while your child will be able to do it for free.
To migrate to this tariff, simply dial *317#. To get the Family and Friends bundle, dial *317*200#. You can learn more about the tariff, as well as about the special smartTRYBE Jr app by following this link.
Airtel Smart Value
The last prepaid plan we want to tell you about is smartVALUE. With this tariff plan, you can enjoy:
- Calls to local networks at 15 kobo/s;
- International calls to five aforementioned destinations at 20 kobo/s;
- Text messages to local numbers at ₦4/SMS.
To migrate to this plan and enjoy its benefits without a daily access fee, dial #314#.
Airtel Ready-Go Postpaid
As far as we can tell, there is only one postpaid plan for Airtel users, and it is Ready-Go Postpaid. With this plan, you can choose a credit limit that suits your needs and enjoy a stress-free postpaid experience. You can choose between the ₦3,000, ₦5,000 and ₦10,000 plans, and after that you are ready to go! Here are the tariffs you can expect:
- A ₦3,000 plan offers you local calls at 13 kobo/s, international calls to selected destinations at 20 kobo/s, local SMS for ₦2, international SMS for ₦15 and data for 1 kobo/KB.
- A ₦5,000 plan offers you local calls at 11 kobo/s, while the rest of the tariffs are the same as in the ₦3,000 plan.
- A ₦10,000 plan offers you local calls at 11 kobo/s, international calls to selected destinations at 15 kobo/s, while the rest of the tariffs are the same as in the ₦3,000 plan.
To enjoy the benefits of this plan, you need to purchase a special SIM called Ready-Go Postpaid Starter Pack for ₦3,000, register it and dial *200# to migrate to Ready-Go Postpaid. If you do not migrate right away, you can expect the following tariffs:
- Calls to all local networks, as well as international calls to the five destinations outlined above at 20 kobo/s;
- Local text messages at ₦4/SMS;
- International text messages at ₦15/SMS;
- Data rates at 1 kobo/KB.
Before you go, take a moment to learn about various bundles that you can get with your chosen tariff plan. You can get a detailed explanation of each Airtel bundle here- this link.
- Airtel smart RECHARGE. This bundle gives you 10 times the value of your recharge that you can use to make calls and surf the web. Just use the code *220*PIN# to recharge and receive your bonuses. Bundles are valid from 3 to 14 days, depending on the amount of recharge.
- Airtel Premier Connect. With these premium bundles, you can enjoy more airtime for your money, as well as free SMS or data packs (depending on the bundle). You can decide how long you bundle lasts, too! To order one of the Premier Connect bundles, dial *254# and follow the instructions on your screen to select the bundle you need.
- 6x bundle. With this bundle, you can receive six times the value of your recharge to use for calls, SMS and web surfing. To get it, simply dial *555*PIN# and enjoy your bonuses.
- Airtel Talk More bundles. With these bundles, you can enjoy up to five times the value of your airtime. Just dial *234# and select the bundle you want to enjoy the bonus value for a month.
That is all we can tell you about Airtel tariffs and bundles for calls. As you can see, there are a lot of options to choose from, so we are certain that you will be able to find something for yourself.
READ ALSO: How to check Airtel data plan validity