- Governor Ortom has ordered his appointees seeking elections into office to resign before May 29, 2018
- The governor warned that any appointees who failed to resign would be sacked
Governor Samuel Ortom has directed his appointees interested in running for the 2019 elections to resign before the 29th of this month or be sacked.
In a press release exclusively obtained by NAIJ.com, the governor said the decision is to give the affected appointees enough time to concentrate on their campaign programmes while paving way for others to assume such positions and also contribute to the development of the state.
The governor has also directed the suspension of the proposed privatisation of government enterprises.
Governor Ortom says the decision to suspend the privatisation process is in respect of the concerns expressed by the people of the state regarding the development.
The Governor is to make further consultants with stakeholders before deciding on the next line of action in the best interest of the state.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com earlier reported that Ortom, on Thursday, May 3, appeared before the members of the state House of Assembly to brief the lawmakers on the on-going attacks on rural communities saying 18 local governments have so far been affected.
The governor, whose appearance was in obedience to a summon issued on Tuesday, May 1, told the lawmakers that 18 local government areas were hit by the incessant attacks that had claimed several lives and displaced close to a million.
Benue IDPs: Education amidst crisis | NAIJ.com TV