- Emir of Mubi says the the emirate council and security agencies have identified the loopholes in security which led to the attack on the area
- The emir disclosed steps had been taken to plug all security loopholes
- Alhaji Abubakar Ahmadu who described the Mubi attack as unfortunate, assured that it would not happen again
The emir of Mubi in Adamawa state, Alhaji Abubakar Ahmadu said that the emirate council and security agencies have identified the loopholes in security that led to the recent bomb blast in the town which killed many people.
The emir, who disclosed this on Sunday, May 6, when he received the chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai in his palace, said steps had been taken to plug the loopholes.
More than 20 people died in the incident, while over 50 others sustained injuries in the twin bomb blasts at different locations in Mubi on May 1.
The traditional ruler described the incident as unfortunate and assured that it would not happen again.
He said: “After the unfortunate bomb blast, immediately I summon all my council chiefs and the local government chairman.
“I assure you things will change as we have already identified the loopholes and we shall address them.”
Earlier, Buratai noted that security situation had improved in the town compared to three years ago, even though there were still pockets of attacks.
He said: “This is the time we should reflect on what went wrong and ensure it does not happen again.”
He urged the residents to be vigilant and work closely with security agencies.
The army chief said: “The situation requires vigilance. Bombers disguise in different ways. People can identify them by the abnormal way they dress.
“Therefore, people should be vigilant. Because of improvement in security situation people have relaxed, but it is now they should reflect on their past mistakes.
“There should be continued relationship with security agencies and provision of necessary information.”
He assured that security agencies would continue to ensure that bombers do not have access to the community, but added that when they do, they would be apprehended before they cause havoc.
He also stressed that synergy between the military and traditional institution was vital in ensuring adequate security in the community.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that President Muhammadu Buhari condemned the Boko Haram terrorist attack which occoured in a mosque in Mubi, Adamawa state describing it as “very cruel and dastardly.”
According to a statement issued by Garba Shehu on Tuesday, November 21, the president commiserated with the people of the state and assured them that the government would not relent in its fight against terror.
Nigerian Air Force operations against Boko Haram - on NAIJ.com TV: