- Mohammed Adoke, immediate past attorney general of the federation and minister of justice says some people are bent o destroying his relationship with Goodluck Jonathan
- He slammed a news report about him in which he had allegedly received a kick back of 2.2 million dollars for the OPL 245 transaction
- The ex-AGF insisted that he did not grant any interview which resulted in the statement credited to him
Immediate past attorney general of the federation and minister of justice, Mr Mohammed Adoke has reacted to a purported interview he was claimed to have had with a foreign journalist in which he reportedly admitted on tape that Malabu was a presidential scam.
The former AGF who claimed that the publication was targeted at destroying his relationship with ex president Goodluck Jonathan said there was no iota of truth in it.
He claimed the story could be best described as a fake news.
Part of his statement, which was obtained from PR Press Release read:
"The publication which can at best be described as ‘fake news’ is nothing but an elaborate attempt at dressing up falsehood to pass as truth and substituting reality with fiction in order to misinform undiscerning members of the public, denigrate my person and cause disaffection and ill-will between me and my principal, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR who gave me the rare opportunity to serve this great country in the capacity of attorney general of the federation and minister of justice.
"The false and malicious publication by Samuel Ogundipe placed heavy reliance on a so called recorded telephone call placed by one Carlarmaria Rumor of RAI Television in Italy on November 5 2015 wherein I was quoted to have stated that:” Dan Etete collaborated with some Italian Oil workers to divert some funds to foreign accounts in an illegal move that betrayed the spirit of a tripartite agreement which the Nigerian government entered into with Italian oil giant Agip-Eni and Royal Dutch Shell on the one hand and Malabu Oil and Gas limited on the other hand.”
"I want to place it on record that I did not grant any telephone interview to Carlamaria Rumor or any other person in respect of OPL 245 Settlement Agreement. The said Carla Maria is unknown to me, has never spoken to me and I could therefore not have granted her a 1 hour 17 minutes phone interview. I have checked RAI Television website, but the said Carla maria Rumor is not listed either as a TV or print journalist with RAI Television.
"This is clearly a case of a phantom RAI journalist that exists only in the figment of the imagination of Samuel Ogundipe.
"Furthermore, Micheal Nomah whom Ogundipe claims to have contacted to react to his fake story is also unknown to me and has never represented me on any legal issue. Ogundipe’s malice and mischief became quite evident when he stated in his publication that: “Mr Adoke, AGF from 2010-2015, admitted that Mr Etete, an ex-convict, was actively involved in the talks held between Nigerian government officials, representatives of Agip-Eni, Shell and other players.
"This indicates that Mr Adoke recognised Mr Etete as the owner of Malabu Oil and Gas and dealt with him accordingly, thereby sidestepping Mohammed Abacha and other beneficial owners of the controversial oil firm, “thereby giving the impression that I deliberately choose to deal with Dan Etete to the exclusion of other known beneficial owners of Malabu Oil and Gas Limited.
"He however did not reckon with the fact that since 2001, Dan Etete had been the only person that engaged successive governments on behalf of Malabu Oil and Gas Limited. He was effectively the alter ego of the company to knowledge of all government officials involved in the negotiation and implementation of OPL 245 Settlement Agreement. Mr. Mohammed Abacha only appeared on the scene when the Settlement Agreement had been executed and implemented.
"However, realising that his claims to part ownership of the shares in Malabu Oil and Gas Limited amounted to a shareholder dispute, I accordingly advised him to go to court to assert his claims as the court was the only proper forum to effectively resolve such shareholder dispute.
"Mr Ogundipe also went to great length in the publication to impute improper conduct on my part by alluding to the so-called “cozying up and offering millions” to the phantom Ms Rumor.
"However, any discerning mind would see through his tissue of lies. What will be the motive for asking for a ‘relationship’ from a person that I have never met or spoken to in exchange for information that was not exclusive to me and already in the public space? Nigerians know that I am not a stakeholder in Malabu, Agip-Eni or Shell, neither did I benefit from the proceeds of the sale of OPL 245 by Malabu Oil and Gas limited.
"If indeed if I was given 2.2 million dollars for the OPL 245 transaction as alleged by the EFCC, why would I be offering to give the money to the imaginary journalist? How on earth would any one believe that I could talk so carelessly and recklessly to a journalist that I had never met in person, when indeed, I am fully aware of the clandestine plans to nail me at all cost? It is simply incredulous," he added.
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had reported that Bello Adoke who served as attorney-general of the federation during the administration of Goodluck Jonathan revealed that he was asked to charge Muhammadu Buhari to court for certificate forgery.
Buhari’s certificate saga was an issue of contention with members of the opposition claiming he did not have the requirement necessitated by law to contest in the election.
If you want me to steal, I will steal" man tells government on NAIJ.com TV: