APC to disqualify Ekiti governorship aspirants guilty of violence during primary

APC to disqualify Ekiti governorship aspirants guilty of violence during primary

- Aspirants found guilty of engaging in violence during the APC gubernatorial primary in Ekiti will be disqualified

- The party said individuals that took part in disrupting the exercise have been fully identified, and the people they represented at the event are known

- If found to be culpable, the party said the aspirants the culprits represent will be disqualified from the exercise

The All Progressives Congress (APC) will disqualify aspirants found guilty of disrupting the recently held Ekiti gubernatorial primary, Punch reports.

The hint was given by Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi, the party’s national publicity secretary, on Monday, May 7, during a chat with newsmen at the APC national secretariat in Abuja, the nation’s capital.

NAIJ.com gathers that Abdullahi made his comments following the submission of the report by the Governor Tanko Al-Makura-led Ekiti State Governorship Primary Committee, to the party’s National Working Committee.

He explained that the party would make its final decision public on Tuesday, May 8, after the NWC would have met on Monday night.

READ ALSO: NAFDAC seals three major companies producing codeine

However, Abdullahi declined to divulge the names of the aspirants who stood the risk of being disqualified.

He stated: “We just received a report from the chairman of the committee that we sent to Ekiti to conduct the governorship primary, the governor of Nasarawa state, Governor Tanko Al-Makura. He gave us a full report orally and submitted a written report of what transpired in Ekiti. They also made specific recommendations, which gave the NWC a couple of options on how to proceed.

“The NWC is meeting tonight (Monday) to consider the report and tomorrow morning, we will be able to make our decision clear on how to proceed. What I can assure you is that the individuals that took part in disrupting the exercise in Ekiti have been fully identified and we know the people they represented at the event.

“If we find them to be culpable accordingly, the aspirants they represent will be disqualified from the exercise and the individuals that participated in disrupting the exercise will be fully prosecuted.

“That is what I can tell you at the moment. But tonight (Monday), we will meet to consider the report and we will make our decision known and send the team back to Ekiti as part of the way forward.”

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that an APC governorship aspirant in Ekiti state, Babafemi Ojudu, accused his co-aspirant, Kayode Fayemi, of threatening to cripple the state if he is not given the party’s ticket for the July 14 gubernatorial election.

Following violence and destruction of election materials, the APC governorship primary in the state had ended on an inconclusive note on Saturday, May 5.

Fayemi, in reaction to Saturday’s development, accused Ojudu and an ex-member of the House of Representatives, Bimbo Daramola, of being too desperate.

Governor Fayose warns Nigerian youths ahead of 2019, tells them what to do - on NAIJ.com TV:

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Naija.ng

Related news
Take note: These cities will experience thunderstorms, rains on Saturday, August 18

Take note: These cities will experience thunderstorms, rains on Saturday, August 18

Here is the weather condition for Saturday, August 18, as NiMet reveals how it will rain in various parts of the country
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel