- The 2018 hajj fare will soon be announced by Nigeria's Hajj commission
- The commission has approved fare for all the 36 states, FCT and Armed Forces
- The 2018 fare will be announced individually by the states
The Hajj fare package for 2018 pilgrimage will be announced soon by National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) after the commission has approved fare for all the 36 states, FCT and Armed Forces.
In a report by Premium Times, the total package for each state Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Boards and Agencies will be announced soon.
NAIJ.com gathered that the commission had approved a fare of around N1.5 million and above for some states, the FCT and Armed Forces for the 2017 Hajj.
It was gathered that all the state Muslim pilgrims boards and agencies have concluded defending their proposed fares and are awaiting final approval from NAHCON.
A top official of the commission on Tuesday evening, May 22, said that because of the controversy generated by the announcement of the fare last year “the commission is consulting widely and inputs from all stakeholders are being considered.”
The source, who declined to be named because he has no permission to speak to the press on the fare issue, said 2018 Hajj fare “ may however be around the same rate as that of last year despite the increment in some service charges in Saudi Arabia.”
According to the source, while many nations are having a bit of increase in their fares for 2018, Nigeria has done everything possible to not only maintain the fare, but also get a downward review for some states, adding that NAHCON was able to get some concessions for Nigerian Pilgrims.
He said NAHCON has eliminated some local “administrative charges” which has reflected in the fare to be announced.
“Also, contrary to the usual practice whereby the total fare is announced by the commission, the 2018 fare will announced individually by the states,” he said.
The NAHCON chairman, Abdullahi Mohammed, added: “ It is true a lot of work has gone into arriving at the fare and we will soon make it public.”
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
NAIJ.com previously reported that the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has disclosed that the Saudi Arabian authorities are threatening to block Nigerian pilgrims from attending the 2018 Hajj exercise.
NAHCON on Monday, April 23, said the threats by the Saudi authorities followed reports of Lassa fever outbreak in Nigeria, Premium Times stated.
However, Mousa Ubandawaki, one of the spokespersons of the Hajj commission said the Nigerian authorities are taking the threat from the Saudi Arabian authorities seriously.
Ex Bishop David Abioye's driver quits Living Faith Church, converts to Islam on NAIJ.com TV.