Antonio Conte thanks Chelsea players and fans after parting ways with the Blues

Antonio Conte thanks Chelsea players and fans after parting ways with the Blues

- Antonio Conte's contract with Chelsea was terminated this summer after just two years at the club

- He joined the Blues in the summer of 2016 after leading the Italian national team to the UEFA European champions in France two year back

- The manager won Premier League and FA Cup titles during his reign at the club

Former Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has thanked the club's players and fans for their support in his two year reign at the club.

The Italian born tactician joined the Blues in the summer of 2016 and won the Premier League title for them in his first year at the club.

His second year wasn't as glamorous as the first year, yet he won the FA Cup title in the 2017-18 season.

READ ALSO: 5 Russia 2018 World Cup matches that deserve to be watched all over again

However, his sour relationship with the players forced the authorities of the club to part ways with him and appoint a fellow Italian tactician.

Meanwhile, the Stamford Bridge outfit unveiled former Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri as Conte's replacement.

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone

After parting ways with the EPL club, Conte said: "I would like to thank all of my friends at Chelsea Football Club for their hard work and support over the past two seasons which enabled us to win the Premier League and FA Cup together.

"To the players, whose talent and commitment was so important to our successes, I thank them for everything. It has been a pleasure working with them every day.

PAY ATTENTION: Click on link to get World Cup groups on NAIJ.com

"To my staff, who always worked so hard, I must say thank you and well done for their professionalism and dedication throughout.

"I have enjoyed my time in England and London so much and I want to thank the Chelsea fans who have been amazing to me and my Family.

"It was fantastic for me to be able to share my emotions, passion and enthusiasm throughout two unforgettable seasons with these amazing Chelsea supporters, who will always stay in my heart."

PAY ATTENTION: Click on link to get World Cup fixtures on NAIJ.com

Conte won the Premier League title in his first season at the Blues, before adding the FA Cup to his collection in May.

But despite the cup success, Chelsea finished fifth in the league and outside of the Champions League places, with former Napoli manager Sarri taking over.

The Italian added: "I hope Chelsea will continue to be successful and I wish everyone well for next season.

"I have made many memories during my time with Chelsea, which I will take with me into my next challenge."

While Chelsea and Conte have parted ways, there is still an ongoing legal battle over the £9 million compensation payout, following a text sent to former striker Diego Costa regarding his playing time.

NAIJ.com previously reported that Chelsea announced the sacking of their manager Antonio Conte on their social media handle.

Reports all through Thursday, July, 12 said the Stamford Bridge outfit have terminated the contract of the 48-year-old after two years in charge.

But an official statement was released on the club's Twitter handle confirming the former Juventus manager is no longer their staff.

Who is the better coach, Mourinho or Conte? - on NAIJ.com TV

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Naija.ng

Related news
Former Red Gunners star reveals what Barcelona target Paul Pogba must do to shine at Manchester United

Former Red Gunners star reveals what Barcelona target Paul Pogba must do to shine at Manchester United

Ex-Manchester United star reveals what Paul Pogba must do at Old Trafford
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel