Growing up in Nigeria, there are certain times parents have made their children believe some kind of fallacies. These things do not come to pass but only make children scared of doing some certain things.
However, these beliefs vary from one ethnic group to another which means that cultural practices among the Yorubas are different from the Igbos and Hausas.
A young man identified as Tunde Balogun, a sales manager at Axa Mansard has taken to social media to list 10 most popular superstitious beliefs practiced in Nigeria.
According to Quora.com, check out Balogun’s list below:
1. Hitting a man with a broom will render him impotent.
2. When our football team wears the white Jersey, we tend to lose the match.
3. Whistling at night invites snakes and evil spirits.
4. If you put your eyelashes in your parents shoes, they will forget the offence you have committed.
5. Don't drink the water in a coconut, else you become a dullard.
6. When the sun is shining amidst a heavy rain, it is believed a lioness is giving birth.
7. If you lose your tooth, throw it on the rooftop. The lizard will pick it and give you a new tooth.
8. Placing your leg on the wall while sleeping is believed one is in a witch meeting.
9. If someone crosses over your legs while pregnant, the unborn child will look like that person.
10. If you spit on the floor and someone steps on it, the person develops throat ache.
I hope this helps, cheers!
PAY ATTENTION: Get hottest gist on Naija Uncensored Facebook Group
Odunayo Adams Mom's Blog: Ask Me Anything | Naij.com TV - on NAIJ.com TV.