- Police have arrested 8 suspected kidnappers who allegedly took part in the kidnap of Chibok schoolgirls
- Some suspected gunmen had on April 14, 2014, kidnapped 276 Chibok schoolgirls in Borno state
- The police said that the suspects were alleged to have masterminded over 50 bomb attacks within Maiduguri
Nigerian police have paraded eight persons suspected to have taken part in the kidnap of the 276 Chibok schoolgirls in Borno state in 2014.
Channels TV reports that the eight suspected Boko Haram terrorists who are among 22 persons paraded, were said to have been arrested by operatives of the inspector general’s intelligence response team in Borno, Adamawa and adjoining communities.
NAIJ.com gathered that the suspects were alleged to have masterminded over 50 su.icide bomb attacks within Maiduguri, the Borno state capital, and Adamawa state, and also launched several other attacks leading to the death of thousands of Nigerians.
The students of the government secondary school in Chibok were captured by the members of the terrorist group on April 14, 2014, an incident that triggered international outrage and campaign for the rescue of the schoolgirls.
So far, 112 of the girls have regained their freedom, mainly following negotiations between the federal government and representatives of the terrorist group.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had previously reported that a report revealed that the federal government of Nigeria paid 2 million euros to Boko Haram to secure the release of the 82 Chibok girls who regained their freedom last week.
Mother of Chibok girl laments - on NAIJ.com TV