JAMB urges Nigerian institutions to update post-UTME candidates lists

JAMB urges Nigerian institutions to update post-UTME candidates lists

- Institutions have been urged by JAMB to quickly update their lists to enable candidates register for the 2018 post-UTME

- According to the board, the update was necessary to ensure that all candidates who made recent changes in their choice of institutions were properly captured

- It said the update, if not made, would continue to appear only on JAMB’s portal but not on the portal of such institution(s)

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) on Thursday, July 19, urged all institutions preparing for post-UTME and other processes leading to admissions to update their candidates’ list from the Central Admission Processing System.

The board’s head of media, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, made the call in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Abuja.

He said that the update was necessary to ensure that all candidates who made recent changes in their choice of institutions were properly captured.

READ ALSO: Npower finally recruits 300,000 young Nigerians, gives instructions

Benjamin said that the board had received complaints from candidates who had made changes but could not register for the 2018 post-UTME in the new institutions they chose because their details did not reflect on the portal of the institutions.

The update, he explained, was necessary and if not done, changes made by prospective candidates would not be reflected.

“These changes have been reflected on the CAPS portal, but the institutions have not updated their lists, hence, candidates are not able to register for the post-UTME.

“Most of these institutions are still holding unto what was made available to them at the policy meeting in June.

“CAPS empower candidates to make changes to programmes and institutions of their choice at anytime except where institutions request the board to block its page to enable it to prepare for the conduct of its post-UTME.

“For ease of management of candidates, institutions make requests to the Board to prevent candidates from choosing them at certain periods closer to the conduct of their post-UTME.

“This is because some candidates may still make changes in the morning of the exercise or even during the conduct thereby constituting serious challenges to managing the exercise.

“We are appealing to all institutions to quickly update their lists now to save these candidates from the trauma of coming to the board to complain.

Benjamin said that changes made by candidates automatically reflect on the CAPS portal but would take the continuous update or download of the lists by the various institutions to reflect on the schools’ portal.

He said that the update, if not made, would continue to appear only on JAMB’s portal but not on the portal of such institution(s). According to him, the aim of CAPS will be achieved only if all institutions consistently effect the updates.

PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app

NAN recalls that leaders of institutions at the board’s policy meeting in June had agreed that the First Choice Admission Exercise would be conducted between July 2 and October 16.

The Second Choice Admission is scheduled to hold between October 17 and December 17.

NAIJ.com previously reported that the federal government is said to have issued queries to 42 universities allegedly discovered charging more than the N2,000 instructed by the education ministry to conduct the 2017 post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations.

The revelation was made by the registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Professor Is-haq Oloyede, at a stakeholders’ meeting on the 2018 UTME in Abuja.

According to Oloyede, the education minister, Adamu Adamu, ordered one of the vice-chancellors who could not trace the affected candidates to give the excess to a non-religious orphanage as charity.

Nigerians express mixed feelings as JAMB reduces admission cut-off to 120 on NAIJ.com TV

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Naija.ng

Related news
Service chiefs speak on two and a half meeting with President Buhari

Service chiefs speak on two and a half meeting with President Buhari

Service chiefs speak on two and a half meeting with President Buhari
NAIJ.com
Mailfire view pixel