Few people know about health benefits of moringa oil. Some are probably hearing the name of this miraculous remedy for the very first time. Correct usage of this oil can improve your health in general. Get to know how to use it in the texts below.
All the amazing benefits of moringa oil
What can this oil give you? Everything it has. Moringa seed oil has strong anti-oxidant that reduces ageing and the development of cancer, it reduces inflammations and decreases the amount of blood cholesterol.
Apart from their healing properties, moringa seeds have a high nutritional value. They contain more vitamin C than citruses. Their amount of potassium and vitamin A is several times as high as those in bananas and carrots respectively. They contain seventeen times more of pure protein and calcium than found in regular milk products, such as yogurt. Finally, the incredible amount of iron that’s found in moringa seeds is higher than in spinach!
It’s very likely that in the nearest future moringa seeds will become another new revolutionary superfood along with chia seeds, quinoa, and other valuable crops. The same can be said about the oil pressed out of them. It’s fairly able to take a place in the same row with shea butter, argan oil and other super oils that are currently at the peak of their popularity.
Now, let’s check the fantastic health and beauty benefits of moringa seed oil.
- Moringa seed oil contains a lot of fatty acids
What does it mean? It means that the oil is very effective against ageing, regulates blood pressure, decreases blood cholesterol, and helps lose weight. Vegetable and animal oils that are rich in fatty acids have intense anti-inflammatory powers, which reduce pains in joints, which are characteristic for arthritis and other joint diseases.
Finally, the fatty acids help maintain the normal level of moisture in skin and hair, making them smooth, elastic, and firm.
- Moringa seed oil contains a lot of vitamin E
There are three types of vitamin E and all these three types are found in moringa seed oil. Vitamin E is known as a powerful antioxidant that reduces ageing and prevents the development of malignant tumors. Besides that, vitamin E positively influences the reproductive system of both men and women.
READ ALSO: Health benefits of cashew fruit in pregnancy
- Moringa seed oil contains vegetable plant sterols
These sterols are able to regulate the level of cholesterol in your blood, the function and work of your thyroid gland, and the health of your heart. One of the wisest reasons for moringa oil usage is prevention of heart attacks and other diseases of this type.
- Moringa oil is a great beauty care means
There’s a whole range of skin and hair benefits of moringa oil. This oil has powers against skin fungus, many types of bacteria and even viruses. Besides this, moringa oil is able to get through skin and heal it from the inside. Moringa oil is used to treat skin damages, many types of acne and other breakouts.
For the ageing skin, moringa oil is able to tighten and moisturize it better than any branded creams. This power of moringa oil is especially important for women who are planning pregnancy and who want to prevent the appearance of stretch marks on their bellies, thighs and lower back.
It’s also possible to apply moringa oil to the areas of skin that tend to be rough, lack elasticity and softness. The oil will moisturize the skin and peel off the rough parts, leaving the skin renovated, moistened, and firm. Applied timely, this oil can prevent the development of scars on the skin.
Speaking about the effect of this oil on hair, it’s necessary to mention its moisturizing abilities, too. It’s a perfect ability when applied to African hair that often lacks moisture and creates tangles. With the help of this oil, hair can eventually regain its healthy look and sheen. The oil also protects the scalp and doesn’t let bacteria cause irritation, itching, head bumps, and other unpleasant things. The hair is nourished and strong.
Health conditions that can be treated with moringa oil
- Certain acids that moringa oil contains can help cope with stubborn insomnia
- Regular usage of moringa oil can treat even old and stubborn liver diseases and damages
- The reduction of blood cholesterol amounts and the regulation of heart performance (due to fatty acids) can prevent the development of a heart attack. Strengthening of blood vessels reduces the risk of apoplexy
- The oil can be taken to reduce the symptoms of abdominal issues but it’s necessary to find a proper amount, which will not make the situation even worse
- Fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants that are found in moringa oil are helpful to the immune system and can support it during health issues that decrease its strength
- Dental issues like gum inflammations, fungus, and other problems can be treated with the help of this oil, as well
Issues connected with the nerve system, such as anxiety or panic attacks, are treated effectively with the help of flavones in moringa oil
- Small cuts, small wounds of different types can be treated with moringa oil after proper cleanising. In such a case, it’s possible that there will remain no scar
- Finally, the stimulating effect the oil has on the brain can significantly increase the level of energy in the entire body
Since the oil has a neutral reaction, it can be used in the aromatherapy or in massage as a transporting means for essential oils. It’s great to strengthen the skin and tighten the connective tissues, which are too loose. After all, the oil can remove dead skin cells perfectly in the course of massage.
Moringa oil side effects to keep in mind
Just as anything that’s used as a treatment, moringa oil has certain side effects. They should be kept in mind in order to avoid more serious problems. So, the most common side effects are as follows:
- Indigestion. Too much moringa oil taken in can result in very unpleasant but not dangerous symptoms like diarrhea, nausea, pains or bloating
- Blood pressure dropping. Being very effective in the reduction of blood pressure, moringa oil can decrease its level too much, so that a person may collapse. Such a condition is dangerous already and should be avoided by all means
- Pregnancy dangers. The oil has effect of muscle contraction. It affects all the muscles in the body, including uterus. Such contractions can be dangerous and lead to miscarriage or bleeding. This is why pregnant women should avoid the usage of moringa oil because the danger is bigger.
- Skin reactions. Some people may have individual intolerance of moringa oil and experience the sense of burning or itching on their skin together with the appearance of a specific rash, which vanishes as soon as the oil is removed from the skin
In a few words, moringa oil is a perfect nature’s gift that should definitely be used to improve health. When measured properly and applied with understanding, the oil can have only positive effects on your health in general, your body, your beauty, and your youthfulness. Just try it once and you won’t want to stop!
READ ALSO: List and uses of medicinal plants in Nigeria