In the wake of the mass defections that hit the ruling All Progressives Congress on Tuesday, July 24, Bashir Ahmad, an aide to President Muhammadu Buhari on new media, has listed the categories of people who oppose the president’s administration.
Below is a list of the category of Nigerians opposed to President Buhari, according to Ahmad:
1. Those avoiding the payment of their taxes and have been caught up by Voluntary Assets and Income Declaration Scheme (VAIDS)
2. Those that have their assets seized or about to be seized by Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) because of bad debts
3. Those that looted the treasury, are facing corruption charges and are afraid of losing money and going to jail
4. Unproductive people who are used to free money from previous administrations
5. Politicians who lost their second term ambition
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had previously reported that President Buhari had intensified his fight against corruption with a new executive order he signed on Thursday, July 5, which targets the assets acquired by politicians through proceeds of corruption.
With the new executive order, 11 former governors are at the risk of losing their assets. Former ministers and other persons who allegedly helped to siphon the country’s fund are also targeted.
Top 5 the Richest People of Nigeria: The Luxury of Corruption - On NAIJ.com TV