We have good news for all those who are going to receive ID Card. Learn the guide of NIMC online registration. The process is easy, follow the steps of enrollment and don't lose time on queues.
NIMC online registration guide
NIMC (National Identity Management Commission) created a great ability for all Nigerians to register online. The Federal Government Agency manage and maintain a National Identity Database, the agency register citizens of the country, legal residents, gives National Identification Number and National Identity Cards.
ID card allows any citizen to be identified at any time, thanks to NIMC online registration portal it is easy to receive your ID card. See also: We cannot produce national identity cards for everyone - NIMC.
There are two methods of registration: offline, and online. Here we have the step-by-step instruction of online registration.
- Step one: Visit Pre-Enrolment Portal: https://penrol.nimc.gov.ng and fill NIMC online registration form.
- Step two: When the form is filled, one should print it with a Barcode and go to any NIMC Enrolment Centre.
- Step three: Confirm and verify enrollment data on the system.
- Step four: Bring and upload your photo, signature captured, fingerprints.
- Step five: Provide your scanned supporting documents. (Birth certificate, State of origin certificate, NIMC online enrollment form, any means of identification).
- Step five: The enrollment is acknowledged. The applicant receives two slips: NIN Slip and Transaction Slip.
It is also important to say that it can take a long time to wait for your plastic ID Card. You can check the status of your card processing online. Go to https://touch.nimc.gov.ng/ to check if your card is ready. See also: How to check status of Nigerian identity card?
ID card can be given to the citizens of a country who aged sixteen and above The card itself contains two photographs of the holder, National Identity Number, and bio-metric information. It is important to remember that the card can be used as MasterCard ATM card.