National Open University of Nigeria TMA exercise is almost over, but it is not too late to find out more about it while you still can. In this article, you can learn more about the Tutor-Marked Assignment, the opening and closing dates and a little bit about the university itself. So check it out to find the answers to your questions.
What you should know about the National Open University of Nigeria exams
Tutor-Marked Assignment (TMA) is a continuous assessment that accounts for 30% of a student’s score for a course. One must answer and submit three TMAs before they sit for the end of course exams.
This year’s NOUN University TMA exams are taking place during the summer. Here is the timetable:
- TMA 1: June 5 – June 26;
- TMA 2: June 27 – July 18;
- TMA 3: July 19 – August 14.
Thus, TMA 3 is currently ongoing. If you want to gain access to it, all you need is to login on the National Open University of Nigeria portal (www.nouonline.net) with your matriculation number and password (that is, if you have already registered) and find the TMA for the courses you are registered in the Exams tab.
READ ALSO: NOUN postgraduate admission requirements
As for the guidelines for the TMA exercise, this is what you need to know:
- This time around, there are no printouts. You can only read and do your TMAs.
- Each TMA (1, 2 or 3) is only available during the aforementioned dates. Unless you do it on time, you risk receiving a zero for the TMA exercise you have missed, and you will not be able to go back to do it later.
- If you want to get an end of semester grade for your courses, you must attempt to complete the TMA exercises, as it is the rule of NOUN Nigeria.
- If you want to receive a pass mark for your courses, then you must pass both TMA and exams. Therefore, you should do your TMAs yourself, as they are a preparation for your final examinations.
- Before attempting to do your online TMA exercises, you are expected to study your course materials and do the TMAs and assignments that are contained in the course materials.
- When you get to your online TMA, you will receive your questions one by one, which means that you need to answer the first question to get to the second one and so on. If you do not know the answer to the question, you can simply click ‘Next’.
- Each course has three TMAs and you should attempt them all, as they are 30% of your final grade. Every TMA has 10 items.
About National Open University of Nigeria
National Open University of Nigeria, which most people know simply as NOUN, is a federal institution that offers open and distance learning. It is the first of its kind in the whole of West Africa and the biggest tertiary institution in Nigeria by student numbers.
The university was founded in 1983 to facilitate distance learning in the country, but it was later suspended in 1984. In 2002, it was brought back, and since then, it has become one of the most popular universities in Nigeria. There are more than 750 courses and 50 programmes offered in NOUN.
If you want to know more about the university, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, find it on Twitter (@noun_media) or Facebook (OpenUniversityNigeria), or visit the official NOUN website (nouedu.net).
And now you know all there is to the NOUN TMA exercises. We hope that this information has been useful to you. Good luck on your tests!
READ ALSO: NOUN university school fees in 2018