- Beneficiaries of the federal government’s N-Power scheme in Ekiti state have assured President Buhari of 11,000 votes
- According to them, the APC-led federal government is the best to lead Nigeria beyond 2019
- They based their show of support on the fact that they believe the N-Power scheme would continue if Buhari remains in office beyond 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has been assured of the votes of 11,000 beneficiaries of the federal government’s N-Power scheme in Ekiti state.
The beneficiaries hailed the scheme for giving them an economic safety net, at a ceremony in Ado-Ekiti on Monday, July 30, during which 8,000 enlistment letters were distributed, The Nation reports.
NAIJ.com gathers that the beneficiaries noted that they had been offered a way out of poverty and unemployment via the scheme, regardless of their political affiliations.
The N-Power Beneficiaries Forum president, Ekiti chapter, Dare Oladimeji, described the APC-led federal government as the best to lead Nigeria beyond 2019.
He commended the president for creating the scheme which he said was also beneficial to known members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). He further opined that Nigeria cannot afford to fall into the hands of those who looted the nation’s treasury.
Oladimeji said: “We want to appreciate President Buhari for this initiative. This is the first programme that I know was not political. It is not politically motivated, but was established to alleviate the suffering of our youths.
“You didn’t need to know any senator, House of Representatives member or politician to be enlisted in the scheme. I only applied online and my name featured as a beneficiary; and since then; I have not been denied this right.
“We believe that if President Buhari continues beyond 2019, this programme will continue and many youths will still benefit. It is on this strength we are declaring our support for him in 2019.”
The APC’s state publicity secretary, Taiwo Olatunbosun, who was also present at the event, said the endorsement showed that the beneficiaries wanted Buhari to continue to lead Nigeria beyond 2019. He thanked them for their support.
He stated: “This open declaration of support for President Buhari shows that Nigerians are appreciative of the APC-led federal government. Ekiti people didn’t mince words by converting this into action by electing Dr Kayode Fayemi as the next governor of our dear state.
“Whatever the detractors of this government said, Nigerian youths are ready to vote for President Buhari because of the way he has been waging wars against corruption, stabilising our economy and fighting insurgency, which crippled Nigerians under the PDP-led government. This shows that Nigerians are appreciative of what our government has been doing.
“Beneficiaries of this scheme, which encompasses N-Agriculture, N-Computer and N-Education, have become economically stabilised by setting up their own businesses and becoming employers of labour rather than being job seekers.”
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously reported that N-Power beneficiaries in Ekiti state commended President Muhammadu Buhari for providing them an opportunity to serve and be 'gainfully employed'.
The youths said the opportunity as N-Power beneficiaries had given them a lifeline from the ravaging graduate unemployment in Nigeria.
Should President Buhari seek reelection in 2019? - on NAIJ.com TV: